• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Hartmann: Choosing the right size

Kermit3D

Hello,

For many years now, I have dreamed of buying a "Hartmann" jacket from Eastman Leather.
I am now ready to order one. But I'm afraid that the sizes offered by Eastman Leather do not match my body type.

If I refer to the explanations on the "History Preservation" website, here are my measurements (it seems a bit complex...) :
BODY MEASURING
SIZING TIPS
PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS

A) CHEST - Measure high under armpits, spanning the widest part of your chest, then bring tape around for one 360 degree complete circumference measure: 39.8 inches (101 cm)

B) SLEEVE - Measure from nape of neck to shoulder edge, then down arm to bottom of wrist bone: 35.8 inches (91 cm)

C) WAIST - Measure the widest part of your waistline for a complete 360 degree circumference measurement: 35 inches (89 cm)

D) HEIGHT - Your total overall height: 74 inches (188 cm)

E) BODY WEIGHT - Your total body weight: 74,5 kilograms

In summary, I am tall and thin
Could you advise me on the size that would suit me ?
Maybe 42R ? 42L ? 40L ? 40XL ? other size ?

ausreenactor

Would try a 42...sleeve would need to be verified off the ELC site... sleeves were 'long' on my regular length but you might need extra to get a button cuff around a watch?

Kermit3D

Thank you for your answer, it reinforces my idea.
From what I understand, ELC only allows you to return regular sizes.
So the wisest thing to do is to order a regular 42 first.
If the shoulders are OK but the sleeves are too short, I will exchange it for a 42L.
If the jacket is too wide at the shoulders then I will have to order a 40L or 40 XL.