• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC and Original RW 27752 collar

Grant

Thought it'd be interesting to compare sleeve width on an original sz 42 Rough Wear 1401p to a sz 42 Eastman Rough Wear 1401p. I know it's a totally unscientific comparison, but widthwise, they look pretty similar to me.

RW.jpg

ELC1.jpg
RW1.jpg

ELC2.jpg
RW2.jpg

B-Man2

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Thought it'd be interesting to compare sleeve width on an original sz 42 Rough Wear 1401p to a sz 42 Eastman Rough Wear 1401p. I know it's a totally unscientific comparison, but widthwise, they look pretty similar to me.

View attachment 20176

View attachment 20177View attachment 20178

View attachment 20179View attachment 20180
Thanks a lot Grant, helpful comparison.
Knitted cuffs look totally different, I like cuffs on original one much more 'cause they have correct full length and correct form, moreover - they seem to be more sturdy.

Lebowski

Hey Mikey,
Knits on the orignal are replaced MASH knits. IMHO, the best out there if you have to replace originals.
The ELC 1401 is probably four years old now.
Grant, how do you find them (I mean the knits made by MASH on your photos of original A-2 shown above) in comparison with these knits (which have been recommended to me in another thread over here)?
They look nice too on photos. Is that seller from eBay our VLJ member possibly?

Grant

I've had both and prefer MASH. The ebay knits are perfectly fine, but to my eye the MASH knits come the closest to matching the feel and wear of originals. I'm sure others will disagree - just my 2 cents!

BTW, the MASH WWII USN knits are da bomb as well!

Lebowski

I've had both and prefer MASH. The ebay knits are perfectly fine, but to my eye the MASH knits come the closest to matching the feel and wear of originals. I'm sure others will disagree - just my 2 cents!

BTW, the MASH WWII USN knits are da bomb as well!
MASH knitcuffs look to be the same for both purposes (A-2 and WWII USN), only USN waisbands (which are rib-rack waistbands) are different. Am I correct?
P.S. I very like cuffs on your photos Grant! As much as the whole original A-2 though)

Last edited: