• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC, Aero, or... ?

mulceber

That's also a really important consideration: do you live in a climate where you're likely to get a lot of use out of a normal Irvin. Unless you live in the Northern US, Canada, or somewhere similar, you might be better off getting either Eastman's fly-weight Irvin or Aero's Merino sheepskin Irvin.

Pa12

Even though I’m in Canada, I generally where an a-2 most of the winter. But I’m generally just going from the house to the car . Might wear the b-6 in January when the temps get stupid. But I live in the country and therefore don’t walk anywhere. If I have to work outside plowing snow and whatnot, I abandon all of it and wear my insulated coveralls. Don’t like the cold anymore. Too many years on the ramp.

Spitfireace

That's also a really important consideration: do you live in a climate where you're likely to get a lot of use out of a normal Irvin. Unless you live in the Northern US, Canada, or somewhere similar, you might be better off getting either Eastman's fly-weight Irvin or Aero's Merino sheepskin Irvin.
I like your Merino Mulceber.. whoops hope that's not too forward of me.

Spitfireace

Even though I’m in Canada, I generally where an a-2 most of the winter. But I’m generally just going from the house to the car . Might wear the b-6 in January when the temps get stupid. But I live in the country and therefore don’t walk anywhere. If I have to work outside plowing snow and whatnot, I abandon all of it and wear my insulated coveralls. Don’t like the cold anymore. Too many years on the ramp.
I can't take heat or probably cold although I live in BC. Can't take any extremes. I think I'll have to live in a climate controlled bubble.

Kermit3D

@mulceber 's "Aero Merinos" Irvin is fantastic, that would be my choice. It's a light weight, but in my opinion it's perfectly credible compared to an original.
Aero Leather seems to have redesigned their website. I can't find the "Merinos" option for the Irvin... or maybe it's because I just woke up and didn't finish my coffee.