• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC AERO 18775-P

Hobbstc

Gotcha, the pics didn’t come through for me anymore so I couldn’t compare. The original post said that some said Eastman on the label so I guess mine is just an older one they don’t make anymore. It’s weird when I sent them a pic of the jacket and one of the label they said it was a 50cal since it isn’t predistressed.

AlexLutov

When this Eastman was with me, I also tried to contact Harry in various ways, Instagram Facebook and so on, but he never answered....Ken from Aero answered in more detail, for which I am grateful to him.

AlexLutov

I just don't want to publish the correspondence, but maybe Ken will see this topic and make it clear..here is a short excerpt from a letter from Ken *It’s Eastman’s version of an Aero, dates from about 20 years ago *

MikeyB-17

It’s in the Golden Book of 1998. It has Eastman, Beacon NY on the label in there. Alex, I think you mean Gary Eastman.
33FAE162-8C17-44B8-8561-ED7B5651F856.jpeg

Ken at Aero Leather

I just don't want to publish the correspondence, but maybe Ken will see this topic and make it clear..here is a short excerpt from a letter from Ken *It’s Eastman’s version of an Aero, dates from about 20 years ago *

Honestly, Gary has more cheek than an Elephant's Arse
Apparently he was selling these "under the counter" with the Aero label either unsewn in the pocket for the recipient to fit themselves
or (I imagine for those he trusted to keep shtoom) sewn into the actual jacket
It took some "cease & desist" mails from a fancy trade mark lawyer and a heap of £££££££s to put a halt to it

Last edited:

Hobbstc

Wow, thanks for all the info! Had no idea. Ill post some fit pics soon, but after I got it in the mail yesterday (almost a month to get here from Alex in Russia!) I couldn’t tell this jacket was nearly that old. Looks like it’s barely been worn.

Ken at Aero Leather

Wow, thanks for all the info! Had no idea. Ill post some fit pics soon, but after I got it in the mail yesterday (almost a month to get here from Alex in Russia!) I couldn’t tell this jacket was nearly that old. Looks like it’s barely been worn.

Technically, to the letter of the law, it's a counterfiet (like a fake Rolex) and we could send Trading Standards round to your house to confiscate it ;)