• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC AERO 18775-P

Silver Surfer

agree with ken on this one. the pockets look to be set back [away from the wind flap] about an 1" on each side, unless its a size 46-48. sometimes on original aeros, and for that matter, other contracts, you will see pockets set a bit back on the larger sizes. its an odd look because the pockets on the larger jackets are the same size as those fitted on smaller sized jackets. "one size fits all".

Ken at Aero Leather

agree with ken on this one. the pockets look to be set back [away from the wind flap] about an 1" on each side, unless its a size 46-48. sometimes on original aeros, and for that matter, other contracts, you will see pockets set a bit back on the larger sizes. its an odd look because the pockets on the larger jackets are the same size as those fitted on smaller sized jackets. "one size fits all".

That would be for mass production reasons
We have a very light grade on our pocket sizes, not a full tailor's grade but enough not to get silly looking 48"s

Hobbstc

It labeled a 44 but measures about a 46. I'm curious, what does the actual contract say about pocket placement? Is there an exact number of inches away from the zipper that was specified by the US Gov? I know different manufacturers did different things, I just never have known what the original drawings said about it. I believe part of it is a bit of an optical thing as well. The right pocket is 4.25 in from the zipper and 2.25 in from the side seam. Should it be exactly even on the panel? I'm not going to get rid of it for a pocket reason, I'm just trying to educate myself a little more.