• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC A2 Info.

Southoftheborder

I wonder if anyone knows when ELC started using the current Crown zips on house A2s? I think they started using 'Warhorse' on them ten years or so ago - I think. But they also used Talon zips for a long time too. Anyone with the knowledge please?

I know I could email Rob there, and I have been in touch with him lately about an order. But he's a busy man and I don't want to be a time waster unless I have to be.

johnwayne

I may be wrong but I had a Crown to replace a Talon in a RW1401 not long after ELC started pushing them, I thought at the time they having exclusive use but that doesn’t seem to be the case! I’m thinking that was around 2010? Incidentally, they didn’t send back the Talon after extraction form said A2!!

Southoftheborder

Thanks johnwayne. So from your recollection it puts it back to 2010 at least. I thought ELC bought the defunct Crown brand and started getting copies made somewhere. Probably in the far east.

johnwayne

As to where they are made you could be right but I do recall their large banners on the website proclaiming the availability as if they'd 'copyright' in the same way they have use of the Roughwear name! I've a receipt somewhere that could prove the date as I'm pretty nerdy about things like that but do you think I can find it?

Southoftheborder

No if it these names are defunct for a set period then probably they're up for grabs. Presumably Aero didn't need to buy the name Aero from the defunct company in Beacon NY in order to use it either.

Aviation Leathercraft did buy the Irvin name I believe. Which is why they make great play about selling so called genuine Irvin jackets.