ELC .50 Cal B-6

Lonewolf051

Hey fellas, not sure if this has been posted before, but Im looking at picking up an Eastman B-6 .50 Cal in the coming weeks, but there really isnt too much on the interwebs as far as detailed pics besides the ELC official pics, which look fantastic as always ;) but I was wondering how many of you guys have .50 Cal B-6s or even B-3s and have some good close ups and insights into these specific variants of jackets from Eastman, and what your thoughts are on them

mulceber

Well, if you haven’t seen it already, check out the measurements on HP: https://www.historypreservation.com/products-page/50-cal/usaaf-b-6-winter-flying-jacket-50-cal-collection/

That’s a good starting point. Since the fleece is so thick, you’ll want a little extra room in your pit-to-pit and shoulder measurements, as compared to an A-2. I own a B-3 (not 50-cal) and found 8 inches of room as compared to my full chest measurement produced a good fit (I.e. pit-to-pit of 24” on a 40” chest). A B-6 probably needs a little less room.

Lonewolf051

yea my bare chest measures at 23 inches (43 inches in circumference) so I presume the 48 will fit just right, especially since the Rough Wear B-15 fits me just right in 48

mulceber

Yeah that sounds right. That being said, it might be a good idea to order from someone with a good return policy, in case it arrives and you discover you need a 46.

Monsoon

I had an Eastman B-6 and I felt the waist was a bit tapered. Fit fine in the chest but narrow around the waist.

asiamiles

I had an Eastman B-6 and I felt the waist was a bit tapered. Fit fine in the chest but narrow around the waist.
Are all B-6's like that? The only one I ever tried on was a Buzz and while the chest seemed to fit okay it wouldn't close to zip up.