• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 46" BoB Irvin - wot's it wurf Mista?

Micawber

Before anyone bites my head off this is not a sales pitch!

I have a near mint ELC BoB Irvin that I'm just not wearing so thinking of parting with it or exchanging it for something else. It's got one of the yah boo sucks main zips with the plastic bit on the bottom derided by some high priests of this Parish but it does not keep me awake at night. Prices realised seem to vary on the 'bay etc so what would be a realistic, and realisable price to ask in these hallowed portals? Yes I know summer is coming, yes I know there's a global pandemic etc etc etc.

Your kind indulgence and input would be most appreciated :)

Not a sales pitch as I might keep it anyway.

20200504_173033.jpg

20200504_173804.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

Looks excellent. Is it standard size or long/extra long? Don't worry about the plastic bit, very few are going to care at all and those that do get the vapours about that sort of thing would replace the zips anyway with more accurate types (it's not just the plastic thingie).

Popular larger size in mint condition. Should be able to sell for a good price although that's based on pre-COVID-19 times. I haven't been following jacket prices over the last couple of months so don't know how the market is sitting at the moment but it could have taken a hit with the current economic heebie-jeebies.

Micawber

Looks excellent. Is it standard size or long/extra long? Don't worry about the plastic bit, very few are going to care at all and those that do get the vapours about that sort of thing would replace the zips anyway with more accurate types (it's not just the plastic thingie).

Popular larger size in mint condition. Should be able to sell for a good price although that's based on pre-COVID-19 times. I haven't been following jacket prices over the last couple of months so don't know how the market is sitting at the moment but it could have taken a hit with the current economic heebie-jeebies.

Standard ELC. I still see folks asking silly BIN's despite the downturn - chancers I guess. P/ex or exchanges are always an option I suppose.

Smithy

Standard ELC. I still see folks asking silly BIN's despite the downturn - chancers I guess. P/ex or exchanges are always an option I suppose.

If you're not in a hurry I'd be tempted to wait for this hoofluff to pass or at least some semblance of normalcy to return, as that will increase the potential buyer pool and prices would be I imagine stronger than what they must be now.

Exchange is always a good option if there's something specific you're after and you know the sizing/measurements you need.

Boyo

With today's exchange rate.. a new one is $1,500 .. to the right person* you could ask $1,000 to $1,200 on the top end.. any more than that you may be better served buying new direct from ELC.

* Who is the right person? some one looking for this specific jacket in this size and is seriously considering buying a new one direct from ELC.. the few hundred dollar savings are worth the "used" condition

Or, list it for $500 and you'll get it sold to someone who didn't think he was looking to buy a new sheepskin jacket today.

fleet16b

Wish you were looking to downsize , I have an Eastman BoB size 44 that is slightly small for me and I would trade for a size 46

bn1966

Sold my ELC BOB 46 about 18 months ago for a bit north of £500 on eBay. Purchased an ELC D-1 which works much better in the current UK climate. :cool:

Southoftheborder

Still look at eBay UK every couple of days even though I'm not interested in buying at the moment. Hardly any ELC jackets have sold in the past few weeks and only a handful of Aeros at mostly low prices. I wouldn't sell a jacket right now. I agree £500 or so is the right sort or price in normal times.

Otter

Agreed with the above, £500 is exactly what I paid for mine a few months ago. It was absolutely pristine, you could not tell it had been worn. Still sitting in bottom of wardrobe as it has either been to warm or too wet.