• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 23rd Ftr Grp RW 1401P

tjoenn

There's been a few posts about ELC's 23rd Ftr Grp lately and since I had nothing better to do on a Saturday night, I figured I'd share a few pictures of mine. I bought it in 2014 and babied it like crazy the first couple of years until I took Tim's advice and started to really wear it, in any kind of weather, doing any kind of work or chore (well, nearly, not wearing it laying under the car :)) The patches look pretty much the way they did when new, I love the way they were aged (they don't look nearly as bright as in the pictures). The collar lining is starting to wear and if it was 2014/2015 I'd start to panic, but it is actually starting to look like my original Cable Raincoat. The only annoying thing about the jacket was one panel on one sleeve. It was very stiff and even with quite a bit of pulling, twisting, rolling, massaging, I couldn't get the leather to relax. So two days ago, I finally decided to apply some of Eastman's conditioner which I've had in the closet for about 20 years, and I put quite a bit on it and voila, leather feels much better. The knits have held up fine for almost 6 years, even though I wear a good size watch, I guess I've been fortunate in that respect.

IMG_1603.jpg
IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg
IMG_1608.jpg
IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg

Smithy

That seriously looks like an original now!

I've said it before but I'll say it again, if you want a repro to look more like an original, stop babying it and instead beat the shit out of it.

Tjoenn has nailed it ;-)

Lorenzo_l

That's a stonker, Tjoenn! Well done on following Tim's advice, it's only looking better for it!
I myself am starting to follow that same advice. Not easy at first.

ausreenactor

There's been a few posts about ELC's 23rd Ftr Grp lately and since I had nothing better to do on a Saturday night, I figured I'd share a few pictures of mine. I bought it in 2014 and babied it like crazy the first couple of years until I took Tim's advice and started to really wear it, in any kind of weather, doing any kind of work or chore (well, nearly, not wearing it laying under the car :)) The patches look pretty much the way they did when new, I love the way they were aged (they don't look nearly as bright as in the pictures). The collar lining is starting to wear and if it was 2014/2015 I'd start to panic, but it is actually starting to look like my original Cable Raincoat. The only annoying thing about the jacket was one panel on one sleeve. It was very stiff and even with quite a bit of pulling, twisting, rolling, massaging, I couldn't get the leather to relax. So two days ago, I finally decided to apply some of Eastman's conditioner which I've had in the closet for about 20 years, and I put quite a bit on it and voila, leather feels much better. The knits have held up fine for almost 6 years, even though I wear a good size watch, I guess I've been fortunate in that respect.

View attachment 31610View attachment 31611View attachment 31612View attachment 31613View attachment 31614View attachment 31615View attachment 31616View attachment 31617View attachment 31618

Looks great! Probably an understatement...