• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 1401p

s4rmark

A large parcel from Eastman was waiting for me when I got home last night . Unfortunately it’s got to go back.
5253BD72-3572-4937-9945-F05A90182655.jpeg

CBI

welll, that's the patch guy's issue unless is was damaged being handles/shipped, but ELC should have caught it. Its a very small detail but yes, when one changes as much as they do, the jackets need to be about as perfect as perfect can get.

s4rmark

the 23rd fighter group 1401 is sold with the time worn finish applied , perhaps it was this process that damaged the patch, but to me it looks like the needle used to sew the sun emblem on split the leather . Either way I’m not happy about it .

Garylafortuna

Straighten the points, apply a little flexible glue like a silicon with the head of a pin or a toothpick, make sure everything is lined up, cover with something flat and heavy like a cooking pot, allow glue to set, remove cooking pot, eyeball job well done, put on jacket, brag to friends, screw Eastman and their horse oil.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Wow
The patch is made by Sean. All their FG patches are made by Sean. Sean confirmed me he made this one too. ELC sent me a horse oil to apply. Thats is all :)

Wow! That surprises me. My stuff from Sean is precision sewn.

The early patches look significantly better, as displayed on the jacket in the response pic. Straighter lines in the construct, stitching the patch on the jacket and more stitches per inch.

Stunned.

Serghei87

Wow

Wow! That surprises me. My stuff from Sean is precision sewn.

The early patches look significantly better, as displayed on the jacket in the response pic. Straighter lines in the construct, stitching the patch on the jacket and more stitches per inch.

Stunned.
I had a talk with Sean about it. He confirmed me that ELC did more aging work to the patches which made them become more sensible to breaking on the edges of the leather. They did not leave this way his shop. He will have a talk with ELC about it.

ausreenactor

That might explain the broken tips on the CBI stars.. The stitching is chalk and cheese...

Paint your art. Perhaps a name tape.... Unless you are going for a 100% CBI or MTO look it is the only way to 'fly'.