• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 1401p

Micawber

Bit naughty that, horse oil is not going to right those defects. Maybe there is some kind of language misunderstanding leading to ELC mistaking the need to make good at their expense?

Brettafett

Its your money, but I would email Rob/ Gary, show the pictures and ask them to replace the shoulder patches at their expenses and return the jacket back to you.
You will not be able to sell this jacket and recoup your money, esp with the defect. And if you do sell it, and are not VERY clear of the issue, the buyer will want to return it.
the jacket is fine, and ELCs RW1401 are great, it just needs the shoulder patches to be replaced.
£1300 is a lot of money...

Serghei87

Its your money, but I would email Rob/ Gary, show the pictures and ask them to replace the shoulder patches at their expenses and return the jacket back to you.
You will not be able to sell this jacket and recoup your money, esp with the defect. And if you do sell it, and are not VERY clear of the issue, the buyer will want to return it.
the jacket is fine, and ELCs RW1401 are great, it just needs the shoulder patches to be replaced.
£1300 is a lot of money...
Sean Collins is making for me for free both shoulder patches and he will ship them to me once done. He was aware of my issue and of Mark too and he offered to both of us free shoulder patches. Great service and lot of respect for Sean even if it is not his fault

Serghei87

And i agree, i love the jacket and the leather and the colour too... with new patches to replace once these get totally ruined...i will be satisfied...it is just the experience of getting my first A2 jacket was dissapointing... but gotta be positive all the time and enjoy the jacket anyway cause indeed is amazing

Serghei87

This is a pretty big call. Show us a pic of the other patch on the other arm. I would be returning it. It doesn't look like a brand new hide? This is a brand new jacket?
The patches look fine... the issue on mine is that due to extra aging applied, made the leather too dry and it breaks very easily on the corners and edges. If i compare them with the new patch i bought from Sean directly, on his doesnt happen this. The leatger is soft and smooth and not dry to the point of breaking

Micawber

If the issue is of ELC's making then Sean is not the one who should be sending out replacement patches nor should the onus be on the end customer to have the patch removed and replacement resown. The jacket should be returned to ELC and made good or replaced by ELC who ought to be covering all expenses. No ifs or buts ....or essence of horse hokum.

Serghei87

If the issue is of ELC's making then Sean is not the one who should be sending out replacement patches nor should the onus be on the end customer to have the patch removed and replacement resown. The jacket should be returned to ELC and made good or replaced by ELC who ought to be covering all expenses. No ifs or buts ....or essence of horse hokum.
I talked to Rob about all these issues and many more i have with this jacket...he did not suggest me that not even once . He had a reply for each complaint i made... then i realized insisting will not help

Micawber

I talked to Rob about all these issues and many more i have with this jacket...he did not suggest me that not even once . He had a reply for each complain i made... then i realize insisting will not help

Well all I can say is that if I were in your position I would not accept being fobbed off in that manner. I think a stronger approach direct to Gary is required.

Brettafett

I have some of Sean's patches, and a couple of his leather Blood Chits. Top work!!

Its sad ELC did not make this right. Shame.
They make and sell many of these. Unless you specifically asked for extra ageing, then I cannot see what argument they could have not to resolve the issue. Even if these Elite unit jackets are considered 'custom'.
The jacket is great, then they attach the patches (and then more ageing ?!?) They must have more patches, and should replace the defective one/ ones and cover the postage. That would be the right thing to do.

Brettafett

If you have already been offered new patches from Sean, fine and well (and that's very good of Sean Collins), and I understand you do not live in the UK and posting back and forth costs more money.
I would still ask ELC to pay for the new patches being replaced, or do the work themselves and cover all the postage.

blackrat2

As Couchy says, very kind to send new patches especially as not his fault but very sad of Eastman, I can’t understand why they aren’t willing to rectify the situation

ausreenactor

The tips of the stars are one thing. There are dozens of potential breaking points on the flying tigers patch as well. Seat belts, carrying anything.... fraught with fraughtness. The stitching on your patch is woeful. Even the website patch on the ELC site is nowhere near as good as the other jacket pictured in this thread.

This is an Eastman issue, not a patch maker issue. I would be seeking a return and rethinking a similar replacement.

Screenshot_20200204-221618_Chrome.jpg

Smithy

Let's not beat around the bush here, it's a bloody dog's breakfast and someone has made a balls up of it. That's not your problem. You bought it from them. It's fucked up. You send it back to them at their expense. They either fix it up to your satisfaction or send you a new one without the problem, once again all at their expense.

Simple as that.