• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 1401 knits. Quality Issue?

fl1946

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I had ELC replace the knits on my 1401 about last year. Lately I notice a small hole developing where knit and leather meet on the right cuff (the inboard side of the cuff) and some of the knit on the edge of the cuff getting fuzzy. I bought the knits from Eastman around 2003 or 4. The waistband as well as the left cuff are intact. Was there a quality issue at the time or? I thought I'd post here first and follow up with ELC.

Also, I thought I had been snagging the cuff somehow, but it's inboard. I've always hung the jacket with couple boxes of mothballs in the closet. I once saw a couple of silver fish, but no longer. Thanks all. ELC was very accomodating when I sent jacket in for repair, but if these knits are wearing out prematurely, it's going to be expensive repairing each time.

Frank

Hamsterbear

I have an Eastman Aero A-2, and I had the knits replaced by a very good local leather tailor, and one wrist knit started to get many, many vertical runs in the knitting, while the waist and opposite wrist had no problems at all. I can only guess that when the new knits were installed, one sleeve knit was nicked all around the circumference while being sewn on, causing the runs. I simply darned the runs to keep them from unravelling any further.
-Brian

fl1946

Watch is on left wrist. Weird...thanks. I'm going to buy another set from Gary as standby's but will have them replaced here in SoCal, if possible.