• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay to be totally PayPal, nothing else

A

Anonymous

About friggin time! All these tossers wanting checks, PO etc ... oxygen thieves. Wasting my precious time writing cheques and talking to PO clerks. Roll on monopoly. But competition, bring it on. Until then if you don't like if go back to your sunday flea market. Good luck.

sgbailey2002

Tranquility Base said:
About friggin time! All these tossers wanting checks, PO etc ... oxygen thieves. Wasting my precious time writing cheques and talking to PO clerks. Roll on monopoly. But competition, bring it on. Until then if you don't like if go back to your sunday flea market. Good luck.

What's your ebay handle so I can put you on my "do not sell to list"? ;)

SGB

A

Anonymous

sgbailey2002 said:
Tranquility Base said:

SGB

walika ;)

shanghai joe

Tranquility Base said:
sgbailey2002 said:
Tranquility Base said:

SGB

walika ;)

california, right? :?

Lignemaginot

This is all good news for me; I'm helping to launch a new ecommerce site called Market Tiger - http://www.markettiger.com (based out of Montreal).

We've got the "communities" forums up and running, and the ecommerce functionality should be done by the end of May. On April 21st, the Mayor of Baltimore issued a press release supporting Market Tiger.

Basically, neither buyers nor sellers pay for the service unless they withdraw money from the system - so, if I sell something for $1000, a buyer could pay with a credit card, and that money goes into my Market Tiger account. If I then use that money to pay other Market Tiger vendors (for stuff that I need), then I don't pay any fees. However, if I withdraw the money, I pay the usual credit card fees (of 1.5% or whatever).

We weren't going to do an auction format, but given that ebay is acting this way, I think that it will open up the market to alternatives.

shanghai joe

Lignemaginot said:
This is all good news for me; I'm helping to launch a new ecommerce site called Market Tiger - http://www.markettiger.com (based out of Montreal).

We've got the "communities" forums up and running, and the ecommerce functionality should be done by the end of May. On April 21st, the Mayor of Baltimore issued a press release supporting Market Tiger.

Basically, neither buyers nor sellers pay for the service unless they withdraw money from the system - so, if I sell something for $1000, a buyer could pay with a credit card, and that money goes into my Market Tiger account. If I then use that money to pay other Market Tiger vendors (for stuff that I need), then I don't pay any fees. However, if I withdraw the money, I pay the usual credit card fees (of 1.5% or whatever).

We weren't going to do an auction format, but given that ebay is acting this way, I think that it will open up the market to alternatives.

way to go..........good luck!

shanghai joe

shanghai joe said:
Lignemaginot said:

ok for seller to accept other payments other than el tigra????

Andrew

Lignemaginot said:

one question Clive, does she do the nakednews thing at the intro page?- if so i'll look further....

Lignemaginot

shanghai joe said:
shanghai joe said:
Lignemaginot said:

ok for seller to accept other payments other than el tigra????

Good question; the seller can accept payment any way they want, but if they don't do it through the Market Tiger system, feedback can't be left.

That feedback is somewhat important because the other thing that is "new" about Market Tiger is how the results of a search are shown. For example, let's say that I'm a cabinet maker, and I've had a good experience buying leather jackets from Andrew; Peter has had a good experience buying cabinets from me in the past, and now he wants to buy leather jackets. Peter doesn't know Andrew yet, but he knows me. Peter types in, "Leather Jackets", and the name that cames up first is Andrew - not only because Andrew sells leather jackets, but because I have had a good experience buying jackets from Andrew, and Peter had a good experience buying from me; basically, I am "recommending" Andrew to Peter.

So, back to the payment thing, if you don't pay "through" Market Tiger, you can't get that feedback (and therefore the "recommendations").

Lignemaginot

Leadsky said:
Lignemaginot said:

one question Clive, does she do the nakednews thing at the intro page?- if so i'll look further....

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that... definitely necessary for a certain clientele....

shanghai joe

Lignemaginot said:
Leadsky said:
Lignemaginot said:

how about undressing in proprtion to the number of feedbacks-positive and off she strips.......... :twisted:

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that... definitely necessary for a certain clientele....

spitfire

damn!that is unpleasant news.i have seen a few irvin jackets being sold over the years,and the seller only wants a cheque.it means a lot of people who sell their things,won't use ebay anymore.it will mean a harder search for them around the net.

A

Anonymous

spitfire said:
damn!that is unpleasant news.i have seen a few irvin jackets being sold over the years,and the seller only wants a cheque.it means a lot of people who sell their things,won't use ebay anymore.it will mean a harder search for them around the net.

I think many of them will just get paypal accounts.

sgbailey2002

Tranquility Base said:
sgbailey2002 said:
Tranquility Base said:

SGB

walika ;)

Thanks.

SGB

a2 fng

Seems weekly now that Ebay bring in a new rule or change something-ALL of them PURE BOLLOX.

As a buyer i used to buy a LOT of stuff on Ebay and must say a number of times i have got carried away and bid more than i should have done because i was up against someone else i knew that was into similar things-childish i know :oops: :oops:

Now in Ebays twisted stupid logic they(in the UK)have hidden all bidders ids so creating a shillers paradise as you no longer know who you are bidding against-could well be the seller using a fake id to bump up his price?? :x :x :x :x :x :x

Now i put 1 bid in and no more with the effect that i am spending a hell of a lot less which can only be a bad thing for the sellers so everyone loses out.

Thanks Ebay for creating a marketplace where the majority of buyers now no longer trust the sellers(of which the majority of are 100% legit).

The little i used to sell i always requested payment by any means OTHER than Paypal as to be protected under their scheme all items had to be sent an expensive signed for way which buyers didnt want to pay-everyone wants the cheapest method possible :(

Rant Over-Thanks

hacker

a2 fng said:
Seems weekly now that Ebay bring in a new rule or change something-ALL of them PURE BOLLOX.

Now in Ebays twisted stupid logic they(in the UK)have hidden all bidders ids so creating a shillers paradise as you no longer know who you are bidding against-could well be the seller using a fake id to bump up his price?? :x :x :x :x :x :x

They hide the bidder here in the US as well......eBay claimed to many buyers were getting phony second chance offers....BUT.....eBay was losing to many sales to off eBay deals so that's why they REALLY changed that practice!....

Hacker

shanghai joe

hacker said:
a2 fng said:

They hide the bidder here in the US as well......eBay claimed to many buyers were getting phony second chance offers....BUT.....eBay was losing to many sales to off eBay deals so that's why they REALLY changed that practice!....

Hacker

aaaaaaaah but there are ways of dealing off ebay's radar............. :twisted: