• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Fraud Stole My 37J1 Jacket Listing! Beware!

Skyhawk

I am sad to report that a seller based in India has stolen my listing and pictures to sell a replica of my USN 37J1 Jacket. Do not buy anything from this seller! He is a fraud and may just take your money, or send you a crappy jacket if at all.

Seller is mubashop07

Here's the stolen listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162357018114?ul_noapp=true

dmar836

Wonder if eBay is responsive at all to this recent scam? It appears to be happening a lot now and they can't be oblivious to it. I suppose the black helicopter crowd would say eBay still gets the posting fees up front so won't shut these thieves down?

Skyhawk

Not sure what course ebay will take but this will be a good litmus test for that. I reported the seller and filed a infringement form with ebay. We will see where this goes. I could also buy the jacket BIN and then file a case but I will see where the report goes first before doing that.

John Lever

Unless they sort this kind of thing out they are f****d people like us who have used ebay for years and help to make it successful will leave in droves.

ButteMT61

Yup, watermark your photos. Ebay has the option to do that, but I'd do it better as their option (IIRC) only tags the corner.
I'd definitely start there...

bseal

Could anyone fathom the irony if this seller in India is trying to outdo Skyhawk's manufacturer in India; that they actually know one another; are related; or in the most perverse alternate reality...are one and the same? Pure Dr. Evil.

Cocker

Could anyone fathom the irony if this seller in India is trying to outdo Skyhawk's manufacturer in India; that they actually know one another; are related; or in the most perverse alternate reality...are one and the same? Pure Dr. Evil.

The most perverse alternative reality crossed my mind too!

Skyhawk

Yes me too! I researched the company and it's not the same people. It would not be the same jacket that they make either. They don't have the wool knits or liners and labels. Also the sizing is totally different. I don't know if they know each other but I doubt there is any conspiracy against me. There would be nothing to gain for them at such low prices. I believe I have even tracked down the name and phone number of the offender. Moohaahaaha (Evil Laugh)