• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay charges ??

Micawber

My local real world auction house which we use a lot will charge 18% plus 20% VAT on the hammer price. Another charges 22 or 22.5% plus 20% VAT. Now that's pretty standard for real physical auctions here.

Spitfireace

Well the whole thing is I'd like to give the most to a seller, but because the charges for everything else is so high, I feel like the only way to save is to ask the seller for a cheaper price. Then I look cheap. It's not me. It's the charges.

Officer Dibley

Sell on other sites. There are ways to communicate this without setting off the ebay algorithm ;)
Did that with a GW i saw on ebay. I was able to get the price down by the amount of the ebay charges.

robrinay

You can’t swap phone numbers or addresses to do a deal or even to ask a seller what their best price is if you’re on your last offer, these days via eBay messaging, but I’ve heard the AI can’t detect pics of phone numbers and addresses/ not that I would ever even think of doing a deal outside of eBay.