• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Ebay charges ??

Micawber

My local real world auction house which we use a lot will charge 18% plus 20% VAT on the hammer price. Another charges 22 or 22.5% plus 20% VAT. Now that's pretty standard for real physical auctions here.

Spitfireace

Well the whole thing is I'd like to give the most to a seller, but because the charges for everything else is so high, I feel like the only way to save is to ask the seller for a cheaper price. Then I look cheap. It's not me. It's the charges.

Officer Dibley

Sell on other sites. There are ways to communicate this without setting off the ebay algorithm ;)
Did that with a GW i saw on ebay. I was able to get the price down by the amount of the ebay charges.

robrinay

You can’t swap phone numbers or addresses to do a deal or even to ask a seller what their best price is if you’re on your last offer, these days via eBay messaging, but I’ve heard the AI can’t detect pics of phone numbers and addresses/ not that I would ever even think of doing a deal outside of eBay.