• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

EBAY AND A2 FOR SALE .

Bombing IP

I have noticed the current trend of eBay sales the last six months have been off brand repro jackets . I mostly note Avirex ,Cooper ,Saddlery with hardly any from GW ,Aero or ELC .Could this be the jackets are not fetching what the owners consider a fair price . They do not want to take an 75% loss a jacket .I also noticed that Capri Bells are now in the $100 range .

BIP

Pilot

IMHO and experience...The great race to the bottom...Thanks to the ” China, Pakistan, India etc.. “ generics....will generate a two class auction system...The one where you have prime high end stuff ....and ...the others...
Guess where Greedbay (12,5% commission, 4,5% mendatory PP, Global shipping/customs for nothing... )will be....:);):(:mad:
Signs, hints.. and results already accountable/visible...
Most of the good stuff brings more $$$ on several other specialized forums/sites...already...it will go more and more in this direction....

Last edited:

Edward

just within the last year that I have been collecting vintage WWII items related to USAAF and RAF the prices have gone way up! glad I got the things I got when I did. And ya, the Capri bells have gotten out of hand. I think once the Catch 22 mini series airs even more people will want them. The repros look all the part though... I got super lucky and added two more 1942 AAF Identification spotter posters to my collection. the B-24 D Liberator and the B-25 C Mitchell for only $30 each. it ended on a Friday evening so I can only imagine people were out on the town or stuck in rush hour traffic as I was the only bidder even though it showed a number of watchers. now I have all four of my favorite bombers! B-17E, B-26, B-25 and B-24. now to get these two framed....
IMG_4025.JPG

Micawber

I've more or less given up collecting militaria per se. We are only temporary custodians and I would rather see genuine historic artefacts safe in a bona fide and established museums for the benefit of all.