• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN TO CARRY DIAMOND AT DUXFORD

DiamondDave

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Thought that some may be interested in my HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I just finished up the first, of what I hope to be many, orders for Gary Eastman. Gary has seen fit to carry my products at the next Duxford show this coming weekend, and if those do well , they will soon be featured on his website as well!!

This is a huge compliment to my own product, and will be huge for getting the word out about them as well. Just thought that I would share my happy news.

DD

T-Bolt

Great news there, Dave! I hope your products do well.....I feel sure they will definitely develop a following! I know I plan to seriously start looking at your Crushers this fall. :cool:

Ted

David,

Great Great news, congratulations, it's a real feather in your cap, pun intended!

Certainly your caps are the true essence of authentic. My two caps mature and look the part more each time I wear them.

Good luck with the new connection.

Dan
P.S. Any other models nearing release?

dujardin

hello,

great great great,
if i understand well you are making crusher.
good to know.
so, John realise jackets, Jerome realise artwork and Dave realise crusher.
who will start making a B17 at good price.

byeeeeeee marcel

SuinBruin

dujardin said:
hello,

great great great,
if i understand well you are making crusher.
good to know.
so, John realise jackets, Jerome realise artwork and Dave realise crusher.
who will start making a B17 at good price.

byeeeeeee marcel
OK, that made me laugh.

But if I had to choose, I think I'd go with a B-25... maybe a P-51 or a Corsair. Anyone up for it?

better duck

Great news for you and all of us. Congratulations!!
I'll certainly get me one. question is: will it be an olive or khaki one?

DiamondDave

Thanks to all for the well wishes and the PM's!

This has been a long time in the making and I really appreciate the support of my fellow junkies!

I have thought about "repro-ing" the B-17 for a long time. Ya know? if only i could find a descent source for aircraft aluminum!

ausreenactor

Well done Dave...

Great news!! Does this mean I have a pre-production model?? The caps are great and I am sure business will pick up. You may have to start a sweat shop!!

Will keep an eye out for the Diamond Flighter page on the ELC Website..

Might have to order my pinks version now, would hate to get caught in the 'crush' for your product!!

Couchy

DiamondDave

Hey Couchy,

Actually, I wouldn't say pre-production so much as "bespoke"... the Eastman caps are made as "off the rack" standard sizes, where as any caps ordered from me are made exactly to size for each individual.

The point of this is to have products already in the UK and easily accessible to the EU, so as to make shipping a little more affordable for our European brethren. Gary will be my exclusive rep for these areas, but anyone who needs a custom size, or non-standard items...( i.e Pinks, and my "British Tradition" version are only available through me) can always contact me directly, as this has been worked out with Gary in advance.

Cheers,

DD

ausreenactor

Nice work!!

The British version?? Is that with the lighter braid?? I noticed it on the website, but was not aware of a Brit version. I love my Crusher, it is packed on a two state holiday to show those in the know just how good these Flighters are. I am sure I am preaching to the converted here, but the website just does not do them enough justice. You need a video in there showing just how flexible these are. Many people would be happy with the stuff on offer through other vendors, until they realise the inadequacies of the other brands with a stiffener removed. I will never question the outlay. You can start and finish the hunt for a perfect wearable repro in one buy!!

Sad thing is only have one head...but that said, I can only wear three jackets at a time(to prove a point to the wife once...only once...look on her face said repeat performance was not required). And I have more than three jackets!

Keep up the good work!!

Couchy

DiamondDave

Couchy,

Yes, what I call the "British tradition" is one that follows in the footsteps of the British Army of the period. You will see a lot of "Ike" jackets, and B-13's, that are Dk Green with contrasting thread in the construction as well as custom Officers shirts. Apparently even Bancroft got in on this as examples exist of the "Flighter" cap with a Khaki mohair braid and the contrasting thread to match. It really is a sharp style and adds a certain "devil may care" look to the already great looking originals. What I have yet to figure out is if these simply had the toppers replaced while abroad or if Bancroft made them.

Someday perhaps.

DD

Tim P

AWWWWWWW.
Who's going to admire ME now anyone can get one?

Seriously, great news. the standard of what people will put on their head in this litle island of ours needs to improve.

Curahee

Saw it on the "latest additions" section today, looks damn good. Only thing is when will you
wear you crusher other than arishows ? Cann't find myself wearing one going to work :roll: .