• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Storage System

Dani-B

I use the ELC jacket storage system since two years and can highly recommend it. It's not a cheap price to pay, but the solid cardboard boxes are from good quality, the drawers easy to pull with the rugged cotton handles, enough space in each drawer for a bulky sheepskin like a Irvin or a B-3, or two A-2 jackets or similars. And the stack of six boxes needs little place and it's a useful way for a perfect jacket storage.
Regards Dani

Mac

Are the Eastman cardboard drawers acid-free? Wouldn't that be a consideration for storage? A PH of 4 or so might contribute to red rot.

Mac

Dr H

It would be a consideration in my book...
Not that I'd consider paying that money for a stack of cardboard boxes.

dmar836

I suspect this is marketed mostly to those who embrace brand loyalty. Then again there are people who will pay thousands for baggage just because it matches their sports car or hundreds for jeans just to show the name.
I would think anyone with avg skills could cobble together an improvement over such a device. I think, without acid free or other considerations, there are better alternatives for much cheaper. Under-bed boxes come to mind.
JMO,
Dave

pdweiser

Honestly as nice of a storage system idea as it is, I couldnt see myself paying to have it shipped over when I can go to Goodwill or a Yardsale find a cedar dresser for 30 bucks clean it out and store my jackets in there.