• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman RW 27752 on the greedbay...should I give it a try?

taikonaut

To be honest...If I get me a new one all together, I am eyeing a Star Sportswear from ELC. I have seen one in flesh at American Classics in London in July and that hide looked just amazing...
If it would have been my size I guess I would have jumped the gun and would have taken it...luckily (or unfortunately it was a size 40 only)...

But I am so glad I have posted my original question as you guys have provided loads of good input so far... Thanks for that!

Do you have images or one like it with the hide?
I've seen ELC jackets with different amount of grains some HH even have close to goatskin like grains. I guess you take your chance unless you specifically request for grains.

Pilot

A bit of grain and patina...No coating flaking or loss...no orange or pink underground.
...never treated or repainted HH.

EF1D2374-3360-48E1-AA38-F0846D5C11B6.jpeg
7132F801-4060-4146-8887-5B9F605A27E3.jpeg
03C4E527-5BA7-44EA-A976-23AC3292CFB6.jpeg

Last edited:

Griffon_301

Do you have images or one like it with the hide?
I've seen ELC jackets with different amount of grains some HH even have close to goatskin like grains. I guess you take your chance unless you specifically request for grains.

I am noticing a difference in the graining of the hides on my M-422a and G-1.
The M-422a shows much lighter graining than the G-1 and it is only now developing some character in the leather. Also, it feels much softer than the G-1.
Don't get me wrong, I like both of them, but they show real differences in the respective goatskin hides