• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman price rise…..

Pa12

I heat with propane. Had the tank filled at Christmas for 800 bucks. Had it filled this week. 1400. Things are getting crazy. I’m not optimistic about our future.

B-Man2

Damn!! $600.00 increase in 4 months?
You may want to consider supplementing you home heating with a couple of small electric heating units . We use them on rare occasions when the temp here dips to the 40s and below . The new ones use limited power and are very cost efficient.

Pa12

I actually have a combination propane furnace/ heat pump. Propane was cheaper but I’ve switched over to heat pump. I’m sure they’ll just jack up the hydro rates anyways. Car fuel is the same. Went from 1.10/litre to 1.75 in a matter of a couple months. Diesel is over 2 bucks.

Pa12

I wouldn’t recommend anyone moving to southern Ontario. On top of that, average house is over 1 million now. Insane. I built my icf house and shop on 13 acres in 2014 for 600000. Now valued at 2.5 million. Not that that number means anything to me as I couldn’t afford to replace it if I did sell. Good for people retiring to Costa Rica or somewhere cheap.

Tattoo A2

And fortunately I heat my house with wood, just got a load of logs in last week, 650 bucks, but it will keep me warm for 2 years. But Im the one that blocks up the logs, humps them, splits them , humps them and heats the place, now NY is trying to ban us from using wood, dont want anyone to get ahead anymore. The Rich get richer and we just sqeak on by... if we can, lol

John Lever

This thread or one very much like it rears it's head every once in a while.
Has anyone noticed how prices of every thing have gone up ?
Inflation is currently 12 % in some European countries.
Gas and petrol prices are at record levels.
Like all other companies Eastman can only raise prices to stay in business.

Enigma1938

....now NY is trying to ban us from using wood, dont want anyone to get ahead anymore. The Rich get richer and we just sqeak on by...

Hmmm, same here in Germany. Something strange is going up worldwide.
I think in a couple of months or very few years there will be a BIG BANG and we are catapulted back in the medieval.

Pa12

Yes, doesn’t surprise me that they’re jacking up their prices. Everyone has. I don’t know where they get their inflation figures. Necessities like gas and food is probably closer to 40 percent. Here, everything went up a bit after the Covid thing. But when Putin invaded everything went through the roof with no end in site. Friend of mine was trying to get a new garage door. Price is up 75 percent and a 6 month wait.

Tattoo A2

Yes my friends, I think we are in for a long hard ride for a while, probably what my Grandparents went thru during the depression.

Pa12

Don’t know how the younger gen is going to do it. I’m an aircraft mechanic and the average wage is 40 45 bucks an hour. Everyone has to commute. Gas will soon be over 2 bucks a litre. Starter townhouse is 800000. New pickup truck is close to 100000. The numbers just don’t compute. I’m of the first double income generation and that won’t even be enough.

Smithy

At the end of the day this entire forum is about something which is a luxury and not a necessity.

If you have enough to keep that roof over your family's head, if you have enough to put enough food on the table for those you care for, then you have enough.

A fancy flying jacket is a nice thing but in the grand scheme of things it's totally bloody unimportant. It's a flippancy.

How many people do you think in Mariupol, Kviv, Sumy, etc are wringing their hands about ELC putting their prices up?

I'll be honest since this war started I've completely lost interest in jackets, clothes, boots and all the rest of it. All of that just seems so unimportant and frivolous right now.

Not that I begrudge anyone here, but for me personally I just couldn't care less about bits of clobber and jackets right now.

I'm still posting because I have so many friends here and that's what I realise means more to me about this place than anything else. And that goes for life too, it's people who are important not things.

Pa12

Yes. Priorities subject to change without notice. Going to try to keep what I have but I’m definitely out of the buying market. Basically a luxury item . If you can afford it, great, go for it. As evil knievel said “if money was meant to hang onto it would have handles”

Pa12

At the end of the day this entire forum is about something which is a luxury and not a necessity.

If you have enough to keep that roof over your family's head, if you have enough to put enough food on the table for those you care for, then you have enough.

A fancy flying jacket is a nice thing but in the grand scheme of things it's totally bloody unimportant. It's a flippancy.

How many people do you think in Mariupol, Kviv, Sumy, etc are wringing their hands about ELC putting their prices up?

I'll be honest since this war started I've completely lost interest in jackets, clothes, boots and all the rest of it. All of that just seems so unimportant and frivolous right now.

Not that I begrudge anyone here, but for me personally I just couldn't care less about bits of clobber and jackets right now.

I'm still posting because I have so many friends here and that's what I realise means more to me about this place than anything else. And that goes for life too, it's people who are important not things.
Sounds like your a good person. You should sleep well at night. Just be careful not to carry the burden of the whole world on your shoulders. Stress is bad for your health and you won’t be able to help anyone.

Smithy

Sounds like your a good person. You should sleep well at night. Just be careful not to carry the burden of the whole world on your shoulders. Stress is bad for your health and you won’t be able to help anyone.

Thanks mate and very good advice.

I do try not to stress or worry too much about that which I have no control over but as I imagine with a lot of people right now, that's easier said than done. Saying that if it's a good day I'll have a whisky, if it's a bad one it'll be 2 or 3. That seems to help ;)

Nickb123

I like my Eastman - pleasant smelling leather, unlike anything else (but doesn’t Buzz source from the same tannery?)

Generally strange collars however and for around $1500, QC had better be near perfect. Mine was not. Still nice to be fortunate enough to own one or two in my jacketing career thus far.

I forgot about that M-422a Brettafett sold me which I passed on too. That was a good one but I think today I’d try a Maverickson one instead.

D51D75E1-B916-41FB-BB80-B6D5C9A2B602.jpeg

Micawber

A well written and thought provoking post that echoes some of my own feelings. Thanks Tim.

ausreenactor

If you have the jacket in your hands and you like it then fill your boots. Pay what you can afford.

Jackets come and go depending upon spendable income. Demand might drop across the board but the prices won't...

The hides will go up, shipping will go up, labour will go up too.

GW have the advantage here. One wage to pay. Easy to manage up to a point.