• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman pop-up score

gav

a few more pictures as requested @John Lever

Serghei87

Well as i feared...i ended up buying a jacket today at the Pop Up. And i went for my favourite one ever... the 23rd Fighter Group! Coming to try first was such a good decision as it seems the 44 was fitting me very good and the 42 ( the size i was sure it was for me) would have been too tight for me. They did not have it in 42 but they had in 44 and 46.

But there was a small issue i realized thanks to you guys! Having read here on the forum that their knits are not so great quality, i have checked them and one of them had already some problem! I showed this to Gary and his colleague and they offered to take the jacket back to their factory as soon as pop up is finished and change the knit with a new one totally for free and send it to my home in Luxembourg for free as well. Plus i got his book for free as well with Gary’s and his colleague autograph :))) (photo attached)

I also took some photos with them in the end!

Tomorrow i will be back there again as i forgot to ask them to put a name tag on the jacket as well. I do not know but what do you think guys? Would the name tag look good on this jacket on the top of their flying tiger patch? Or it would be too much and ruin the beauty of the jacket?

Attachments

• ABD9C0F8-F429-4E84-B77D-70DD94FEF120.jpeg
    ABD9C0F8-F429-4E84-B77D-70DD94FEF120.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153

B-Man2

If it were me, I would wear the jacket for a while and give it a bit of thought. Once you've decided one way or the other, you can always have a name tag added down the road.
On the other hand if you have any uncertainty. well holes are forever, so be sure which way you want to go with it.

A2 B3au

Well no air comforts in a 40 but I was keen to see how a 50cal B3 in a 38 would fare seeing my others are 40 and an oversized 44 . Surprised to see a 38 was perfect in all variations so I’ll be on the lookout, thing is the regular seal B3 was equally as nice with straight buttery coloured sheepskin. I found the hilts was perfect in a 42 but found the big collar a little to big..

petermack09

Well no air comforts in a 40 but I was keen to see how a 50cal B3 in a 38 would fare seeing my others are 40 and an oversized 44 . Surprised to see a 38 was perfect in all variations so I’ll be on the lookout, thing is the regular seal B3 was equally as nice with straight buttery coloured sheepskin. I found the hilts was perfect in a 42 but found the big collar a little to big..
Did they have any air comforts? If so how did the leather feel,,thanks Peter

tjoenn

Well as i feared...i ended up buying a jacket today at the Pop Up. And i went for my favourite one ever... the 23rd Fighter Group! Coming to try first was such a good decision as it seems the 44 was fitting me very good and the 42 ( the size i was sure it was for me) would have been too tight for me. They did not have it in 42 but they had in 44 and 46.

But there was a small issue i realized thanks to you guys! Having read here on the forum that their knits are not so great quality, i have checked them and one of them had already some problem! I showed this to Gary and his colleague and they offered to take the jacket back to their factory as soon as pop up is finished and change the knit with a new one totally for free and send it to my home in Luxembourg for free as well. Plus i got his book for free as well with Gary’s and his colleague autograph :))) (photo attached)

I also took some photos with them in the end!

Tomorrow i will be back there again as i forgot to ask them to put a name tag on the jacket as well. I do not know but what do you think guys? Would the name tag look good on this jacket on the top of their flying tiger patch? Or it would be too much and ruin the beauty of the jacket?
My favorite too! Bought mine in 2014 and it just keeps looking better (after I learned not to baby it). I don't have any other patched jackets, but that leather tiger patch got me the first time I saw it!! Enjoy!!!

ausreenactor

Hell of a 'first ever jacket'. Think mine was a lambskin Avirex.... Wore it to work and it was truly a sacrificial lamb......

Yours is hell of a jacket. Hard to top now... Enjoy the wait.

A2 B3au

Did they have any air comforts? If so how did the leather feel,,thanks Peter
They had 3 all were similar leather but hard to describe but nothing negative to say bout them,they were sizes 36,44,46...What I would say is I noticed a couple of the 50cal A2s had a really noticeably grainy hide, pebbled in places. Hell of a selection.. can be overwhelming.. kid in a sweet shop