• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman pop-up score

John Lever

Totally agree and I’m surprised BR sit still for this. Surely it can’t have escaped their notice that the RMJ shop in Covent Garden does rather well, regardless of the popular view of this forum that they’re overpriced. Toyo the parent company of BR, has other vintage repro brands such as Star of Hollywood, Style Eyes, Lone Wolf, Sugar Cane and more and the EU distributor should do a lot more on all these too, imho. Sure I get all the reasons ELC might not want to do it, but that’s not reason enough, imho.
Surely ELC is the group distributor ?

A2 B3au

I’m popping in to get an air comfort but will be trying a 50cal B3 to see if I can get away with a 38 and I wanna get my hands on a hilts up close to see if it’s overdone in person and maybe have the discussion to not over do mine. I admit some of you guys dedication flying over to check it out

Serghei87

I’m popping in to get an air comfort but will be trying a 50cal B3 to see if I can get away with a 38 and I wanna get my hands on a hilts up close to see if it’s overdone in person and maybe have the discussion to not over do mine. I admit some of you guys dedication flying over to check it out

Living in Luxembourg, i do not have chance to check personally their jackets. Plus the ryanair tickets are so cheap now from here to London, it is the perfect timing. Also taking the girlfriend on her first London trip so i am scoring some extra points with her too :))))

A2 B3au

I started with Avirex and one or two Coopers before I started the buy three, sell two thing in 2008. I am at the point where I could sell a few and grab another ELC, or put some of my ill gotten war profits into one. I would rather fly to the UK and visit and bring two jackets back in my luggage. The duties would pay for one leg of the journey. But then there would be pubs, museums, probably a VLJ catch up or three and the wife would probably want to come.

Probably better just paying the duties..
I’m a fan of the packaging when they use cardboard boxes and similar but the crappy plastic shirt bags go directly in the bin

gav

We originally visited the pop up shop to try on a D-1 which I may have been tempted , Unfortunately none in my size .
I think mine was possibly the only one there. I could be wrong. the D-1 seems to be not a regular production model.

Brettafett

Popped into the pop-up on Sun. They guys are brilliant, really are.
Great jacket selection, however what I was hoping to try on was not available. Probably a good thing.
As it was, an Elite 23FG RW1401 fit really well and looked so cool, I almost dropped a hefty sum and walked out with it. Thank goodness my girlfriend was along for the adventure and level heads prevailed (for now)!
That said, she almost walked out with a Buzz MA-1 and a B-15 lol And was hampering after a girls A-2, even told Gary so haha
I ended up buying the new Eastman catalogue, which I had erroneously thought was a brochure. It is in fact a fantastic little book, with some great WW2 pics and some interesting bits. Well worth the £15