• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman "Pearl Harbor" A-2

Garrett

Been lurking for some time and joined up in October of last year. The fedora lounge and VLJ are responsible for getting me hooked on the idea of an A-2. So after moderate hunting I finally pulled the trigger on a second-hand Eastman but it ended up not fitting quite right. Tagged size 40 bit trim on my frame. This is currently for sale on the fedora lounge forum and Ebay. Since I don't have enough posts to list it in the classifieds section here I created this thread. If interested I will give a $50 discount to members of the fedora lounge and here at the VLJ as well.

Links for those interested:

and the auction:

Micawber

Welcome to the forum but I have to say you're being a bit cheeky. Why not contribute a few posts of value first before trying to use your first post to flog a jacket. The restrictions on newbies posting in the classifieds is to prevent just this.

Garrett

Welcome to the forum but I have to say you're being a bit cheeky. Why not contribute a few posts of value first before trying to use your first post to flog a jacket. The restrictions on newbies posting in the classifieds is to prevent just this.

I can see this point of view and generally agree. However my collecting focus since 2006 has mainly been pre-1940 fedoras. Being new to the vintage leather jacket scene I really can't post much from experience though I do have a 1950's deerskin halfbelt. If you can direct me to a deesrkin thread on here I will post it up for discussion. Other than that I didn't feel qualified enough to contribute anything of value and always was annoyed with folks trying to build up a post count with phrases like "nice hat" or "looks great". On the fedora lounge there have been many members with high post counts but end up contributing quite little in the long run.

Thanks for looking

mulceber

Hey Garrett - I remember your posts from TFL. Welcome to the VLJ. I don’t think we have a deerskin thread specifically, but why not start a new thread in the vintage section about your jacket? I’d personally like to see pics.

Showerfan

In my very humble, newbie opinion, if someone can get a good deal on an ELC jacket in the classifieds here, it’s a win-win. I’d rather not have to troll through EBay and TFL to find stuff all the time (though I still do).

Micawber

In my very humble, newbie opinion, if someone can get a good deal on an ELC jacket in the classifieds here, it’s a win-win. I’d rather not have to troll through EBay and TFL to find stuff all the time (though I still do).

Speaking as a forum / group admin elsewhere...

The restrictions on new members posting items for sale in the classifieds is a principle that has been widely adopted by forums as a way of helping to cut down on people joining just to sell an item without making any kind of valid contribution to the place as a whole. In other words it is another means of reducing spam. Without the "rule" people, companies etc would join simply to advertise their wares.

Without a specific buying and selling section adverts would get posted all over the place.

Last edited: