• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN LONDON POP-UP SHOT

coalman

Hopefully Gary will read all of the above and maybe go on to open more pop up shops in some other major cities such as Birmingham ( :) ), Manchester or Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Edinburgh in 2017 .

colekwok

They claimed this is more of a publicity show, not sure if they are going to do it again any time soon. The reason for them to have it in that particular location is because Son of Stag, which carries their products, is literally right next door.

bn1966

Scooter shop? That place went years ago!
I bought a '65 Vespa super from there in about 2000 or so.

I went to the Eastman shop on the first day. It was busy, they were doing a storming trade. The guys were all very helpful, relaxed and pleasant. It was great to be able to try on literally all styles.
I bought this elmc horsehide version of the g-1.

Just seen this post :) my Vespa PX 210 Malossi originates from the Emporium 2001.

gav

I spent a decade riding around London on a couple of Vespas. Had my 65 sportique for about 6 years - stolen and recovered once and hit by a vw golf once.

Cobblers161

Were you in to the mod/soul scene at all?

Love Sportiques, moreso than a GS, such a beautiful shape. I always thought of the GS as the flouncy saucy tart while the Sportique was more like the good looking reliable one, the one you'd marry :-/

Bung some photos up if you have any, I'll see if I can drag some out of the Sprint.

gav

31965875295_1dd89b5f37_c.jpg

The best I can do... after a respray following being nicked and joy ridden then found in a council estate by the police.

bn1966

image.jpg

I've still got my 210, got married on it and everything. I'm originally from Chiswick but further Southwest these days.

I did have a Sportique once & painted it pink.

Cobblers161

Here's my old ride, this was taken on the way back from The Shed rally in 2009(I think) it was the last time I rode it.

Speaking of pink, here's my Rally cut-down on the way to Girvan in '87....

We had a lot of fun in those days ;-)

Last edited:

bn1966

Great Days!!! My first Vespa was a V100 Sport......nightmare!!! Weird electrics & always conking out! Even Suzuki Heron couldnt work it out. My other current ride alongside the PX 210 is a Yamaha T Max 530 which is great for what it is! I still do a few Rallies a year :)

Love the pink cut-down & Scooter-boy attire by the way.