• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather Clothing - Catalogue 1

B-Man2

When it arrives somebody please do a quick review on it. I’m sure it would be interesting, whether you are pro or con on the pricing of it.

petermack09

Couldn’t resist :) it’s actually very good quality,I was sceptical about paying £15 but I’m happy with it..
image.jpg
image.jpg

Officer Dibley

I wonder Smithy if you could tell me if you imagine this catalogue is as accurate as a reference book ? :D
It’s like complaining a “Commando” comic (remember them !?) isn’t a factual reference resource. Although it taught me most of the German i still remember, hande hoch, gott in himmel, achtung spitfeuer aren’t generally useful on vacations to Germany.
And Smithy, please don’t take me seriously - i never do ! ;)

F4C4E2E2-3404-4FF5-A6C0-1DC15ACFE19A.png

Micawber

I wonder Smithy if you could tell me if you imagine this catalogue is as accurate as a reference book ? :D
It’s like complaining a “Commando” comic (remember them !?) isn’t a factual reference resource. Although it taught me most of the German i still remember, hande hoch, gott in himmel, achtung spitfeuer aren’t generally useful on vacations to Germany.
And Smithy, please don’t take me seriously - i never do ! ;)

View attachment 22049

Mein Gott! Look what's staring at me on top of the pile of books I pulled out of my storage just recently. Spooky coincidence or fate?
IMG_20190719_210904786.jpg

Smithy

Nope!

I have no problem with anybody wanting to buy this product catalogue. It looks to be nicely produced and the piccies are so lovely. No drama there. My comments were a reaction to some insinuations in this thread that this was somehow going to be a completely accurate reference document and especially after Couchy compared it to Osprey books of a similar price. The problem there is one's primary function is to drive sales of a company's products and the other's is attempting to be an objective reference material on a specific historical subject. I'll admit that because I am involved in historical aviation research professionally I tend to be wary of things which come by way of being marketing tools - that's the same reason I've been a bit vocal about some of Buzz's and correspondingly, HPA's marketing spiels which are based on marketing rather than facts.

If anyone buys this by all means read it and enjoy it but don't necessarily think that it's a completely objective, thorough and exhaustive reference on the subject. Like all company product catalogues it was made for the primary purpose of attractively listing ELC's products and to get people to buy these jackets and products.

Smithy

A little aside Mikey, Osprey seems to have ditched the pilot figures in flight kit and uniform in their newer releases of their Aircraft of the Aces Series. I always enjoyed the two or three pages of guys in flying clobber and uniform but they seem to have binned it.

Obviously things like the Men at Arms and Elite Series have them but with their newer AotA series they've sadly gotten rid of them which I reckon is a bit of a shame.

Ken at Aero Leather

I'm getting the inspiration but to borrow a phrase from Stu from Lost World's, I'm not seeing the manliness that is clear in Osprey's illustrations........(can I say that in these PC days?)
Someone suggested Peter Kaye, to me the "cover guys" are far cheesier than that

Last edited: