• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather Clothing - Catalogue 1

ausreenactor

You'll beat me. Still a week away. I prefer to have something to 'read'. I have purchased a lot of the Osprey Elite, Warrior and Men at Arms over the years, despite having over 500 of them on PDF. Something to thumb through until I get my glasses... one day.

Greg Gale

It looks amazing, but isn't it just plain advertisment? I mean you get free leaflets from the supermarket saying they offer 30% off the chicken wings. Those are for free, but you pay for this one, so that it can make you buy a jacket for a grand. OK, the example was extreme, and it does look damn fine.

MikeyB-17

I can’t say I’m keen on the silly poses on the cover-especially the two at the back. I also agree that it’s extracting the urine somewhat to charge fifteen quid for a sales catalogue, albeit a pretty elaborate one. Once again, no doubt they do it because they know people will pay it. There was a time when ELC catalogues (like the Golden Book) were free.

Officer Dibley

Buzz & RM do similar or are theirs free ? I only ever see them on greedbay for princely sums.

I sold an old, free ELC catalogue last year for £45 ....

D97x7

It's okay, website in a book basically.
Some newer product pictures would have been nice but I'm quite happy.
IMG_20190717_135050-2188x2917.jpg

B-Man2

It just rubs me raw to have to pay for a catalogue for the privilege of seeing what ELC is selling , so I can pay big bucks for their products. The least they could do if they are going to charge for it, is to apply the cost of the catalogue to your first purchase so you have a 15 quid discount on that purchase.
Companies who care about their customers do that all of the time, if they ever charge a fee for their catalogs

mulceber

I've never dealt with ELC myself, but this seems typical of them, from everything I've heard. And yes, it rubs me the wrong way too, demanding money (and a fair bit of money) for a catalog when the website is freely available to everyone. I much prefer Ken's choice to make his (free) literature an informative read about the history of aero and vintage style in general that encourages you to buy from Aero just by virtue of how fun a read it is.

B-Man2

I've never dealt with ELC myself, but this seems typical of them, from everything I've heard. And yes, it rubs me the wrong way too, demanding money (and a fair bit of money) for a catalog when the website is freely available to everyone. I much prefer Ken's choice to make his (free) literature an informative read about the history of aero and vintage style in general that encourages you to buy from Aero just by virtue of how fun a read it is.
Totally agree with you. Eastman is a great jacket but this stuff and the three price increases over the last year or two has turned me off to them.

mulceber

I received the "Free" Aero magazine recently. It came with a coupon for free international shipping.. which i gladly used on a spur of the moment order.. saved at least $60

Whoa, I should check my copy. I didn't notice that. Was it on one of the pages, or just a scrap of paper folded into the magazine?