• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather A-2 - Reissue 'Escape A-2'

Heisenberg

But ... it's true that I don't have small watches

Pilot

Never had any issues with my GW, BR and RMCC‘s A-2‘s ( L-2A, B-10, B-15C ) nor with all original jackets with original knits...and wearing big military diving watches and chronos all the time...
With the ELC RW 1401-P ... after a few days...
Real crapola knits.

Smithy

My Ex ELC RW had perfect knits... A totally different generation. An A-2 repro much more WW2 like by all details.... mentioned 1000times already...View attachment 31196

Nice looking A-2 that Brice from what we can see.

I do wonder whether the latest ELCs are starting to become caricatures of A-2s, that is this sort of idea of what an A-2 should be rather than what it actually was. The biggest humdinger for me is the leather, lots of their new hides, whilst lovely and characterful (that's an understatement) actually when new look more like what you'd find on an antique armchair in the back of an antique shop. It almost seems like the older ones it could be argued were more like "1942 in a box" than the overly done recent ones which it seems aim to look too old right off the bat.

ausreenactor

Sitting watching 'The Great Escape' on free to air, sitting in my ELC Monarch.. CAPT Hilts' A-2 is a motley thing. The ELC finish is not that far removed from the movie jacket. Identical to CAPT Hilts' baseball glove!