• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Leather A-2 - Reissue 'Escape A-2'

A2 B3au

This was not ELCs doing? This was a failed experiment by an over zealous owner...
Not sure bout that, look at these 2. The one on top seems overdone too
DFC118D4-DBB7-4621-847F-D65A0C060926.png

Brettafett

These are hit and miss. I’ve seen and handled them in person a few times since they were released. Most are overdone and look fake imo, there was one at one of the pop-ups this or last year that was not too bad. More subtle. Most look terrible and fake. I had a guy stood next to me at Biggin Hill airshow last year wearing one. It was not as terrible as the above pics, but it was obvious what it was.
Each to their own, but to me these look like ruined ELC RWs.
On the other hand, Eastman’s basic Timeworn treatment generally looks pretty good. Their 23rd FG RW1401s look amazing, as does/ did their 23rd FG HLBs.
Now that’s what they should have done with their Hilts jacket. Just over-dyed a darker seal like the HLB, and then let the wearer wear it in.

Brettafett

Yes, unfortunately its true. If you like your Eastman's, just wear the knit out and then replace them with knit from MASH.