• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN DUBOW

ausreenactor

Buying a GW is the equivalent of getting lucky with the size of the jacket you were issued. Right person for the right jacket. Nothing wrong (or inauthentic) about wanting that experience. You're paying for it after all. I stand by my comments.
You know that the aircrew could try them on before walking out the door of the Quartermaster Store right? I have one of those bespoke GWs with a front around 15% longer than the back. Custom order for a '4F' style individual.

Kermit3D

Ok, here are some quick photos trying not to freeze my ass off. The third pic is how it was worn most of the day! Haha!
This Dubow fits me larger than many of my other Eastman's so is very comfortable. The color of the hides is elusive as in some light it's much warmer and lighter, and in others is darker in color. I'm so grateful I have John's old B-3 to keep me warm. p.s. sorry about the crazy hat head hair!

View attachment 73467View attachment 73468View attachment 73469

This Dubow ELC is absolutely awesome !
The combination of A-2 and B-3 works really well.

Mr. Mike

Ok, here are some quick photos trying not to freeze my ass off. The third pic is how it was worn most of the day! Haha!
This Dubow fits me larger than many of my other Eastman's so is very comfortable. The color of the hides is elusive as in some light it's much warmer and lighter, and in others is darker in color. I'm so grateful I have John's old B-3 to keep me warm. p.s. sorry about the crazy hat head hair!

View attachment 73467View attachment 73468View attachment 73469
Yeah wow! That is excellent. Never thought about putting a B-3 on top but it would be definitely be feasible option to increase rotation and share more love to my collection instead of picking only one at a time :cool:

Nickb123

For what it’s worth, just placed an order for one of these. John C had a nice Dubow for sale but I swore off all further A-2 purchases. Until 5:30am the next day hit and with the sleep still in my eyes, I pulled the trigger remembering this thread. Thanks @Grant if the incoming one looks half as nice as yours I’ll be pleased.

I added a 326th BS patch to it and ordered a long. My great uncle was killed in St. Lo, so in a strange way this jacket will be somewhat of a remembrance to him.

Nickb123

Oh Nick.
I have said no more jackets, and yet they continue to find themselves in the closet.
Keen to see more of this jacket. Ive seen it in person at the last pop up and have been very tempted.

Thanks Brett, I’ll be sure to post up detailed pics. Gary was very nice over the email.

Grant’s jacket is a knockout. This thread has remained in my head since I first saw it!

I thought reading WWII books would be a good substitute for jacket acquisition, but it has spurred my interest even further.