• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman customer service

stanier

I want to highlight the fantastic customer service I received from the team at ELC this week.

I’ve had many A-2’s over the years but in September 2016 I purchased the only one to date I really want to hang onto for good and feel as excited about wearing today as the day it arrived and that’s my Eastman original maker Star Sportswear contract. Everything about it fits my taste and being a trim size 40 it encourages me to keep the waist line under control!

Anyway, back to topic, the jacket did have a minor but nonetheless compelling reason to return it to Eastman for some TLC. The issue being that one half of the throat latch had snapped recently leaving two sharp prongs. I’m sure this was just a faulty part as it’s never happened to me on any A-2, including various ELC’s before.

Anyway after calling Eastman I reluctantly (I like it in my wardrobe, or better still on my back!) sent the jacket back to them on Monday. On Tuesday afternoon I had an email from Rob saying a new latch had been fitted and the jacket was in its way back to me. Wednesday lunchtime and a knock at the door and my beloved Star was back with me and a faultless repair done and no charge. Friday the wife is taking a pic of me wearing to post on the “what jacket are you wearing today” thread.

The new latch feels much more sturdy and solid than the old one and I’m very pleased with the excellent customer service. Dealing with ELC is always a pleasure and given some of the flak they sometimes get for peoples opinions on pricing and leather for example, I wanted to add this experience to balance the picture.

Thank you ELC if you look here, very very much appreciated.

Can’t wait for you to make a Dubow contract, my order will be in the day I learn you’re repro’ing them!

Cheers

Chris

stanier

Same here...it also applies for Ken’s family/ team.

I’ve purchased various bits and pieces from Aero over the years, mainly LVC / Lee Vintage and agree always prompt and pleasant service too. Wandering off topic slightly but strangely I’ve never had a jacket. It would be cool to have a killer facsimile repro 18775-P from them and I do like their D-1 but have been slightly put off by the longer fleece used, though totally get the logic for it. There’s a beauty D-1 of Aero’s that Josh has just painted on FB and the fleece doesn’t look longer on that one. Looks a super jacket.

Pilot

I’ve purchased various bits and pieces from Aero over the years, mainly LVC / Lee Vintage and agree always prompt and pleasant service too. Wandering off topic slightly but strangely I’ve never had a jacket. It would be cool to have a killer facsimile repro 18775-P from them and I do like their D-1 but have been slightly put off by the longer fleece used, though totally get the logic for it. There’s a beauty D-1 of Aero’s that Josh has just painted on FB and the fleece doesn’t look longer on that one. Looks a super jacket.
I only have my Aero A-2 : 42-15142, left...My Aero A-2 is precicely build as the one in the Seoul War museum... ( two miles away from my Seoul-South Korea residence) even the label & neck size tag (not the standard AELC size tag)..But Ken did ...it apparently only for me... I posted several photos in other threads...
The jacket got a great ( WW2 ) patina , just by looking at it...Very happy with all of it...

Miles

Let me share my story. For Christmas I bought a WASP mouton jacket for my wife along with two Navy loop wheel T-shirts, two Tanker loop wheel tops and four pairs of wool socks. After a month, every single sock had giant holes in the heels. I felt their response was rude and negligent. I spent a lot of money with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miles

5b4eb7844e81b42b5f365630d6909b72.jpg

stanier

Blimey Miles, can’t imagine what’s happened with your socks! I have a pair of those socks but confess I’ve only worn them a couple of times as mine are thick and I find them prickly. I know, I must be a 21st century softy but they’re too bulky and prickly for me. Might it be worth giving ELC a call and having by a chat? Maybe you’ve done this, just a thought.

I too got my wife a WASP B-17, must be a jacket fans way of getting her enthusiasm and involved, very clever of ELC! She wants an A-2 now...

Miles

Blimey Miles, can’t imagine what’s happened with your socks! I have a pair of those socks but confess I’ve only worn them a couple of times as mine are thick and I find them prickly. I know, I must be a 21st century softy but they’re too bulky and prickly for me. Might it be worth giving ELC a call and having by a chat? Maybe you’ve done this, just a thought.

I too got my wife a WASP B-17, must be a jacket fans way of getting her enthusiasm and involved, very clever of ELC! She wants an A-2 now...

I haven’t called because it seems the answer was clear. I think the socks should be Marino wool also. I live in Norway where yes, we do wear wool socks every day. So much that our aunts and grandmothers knit us new ones ever Xmas. I didn’t need to buy them from Eastman but knowing their reputation for quality, I had to give them a try. Worst quality socks I have ever had. I’m never giving them my business again. Especially knowing the quality difference of Lost Worlds. I have a vascular problem in a section of my ANJ4 from LW, and the top tanning began to peel up. Stuart vas totally embarrassed and humble about the issue stating there was no way of knowing there was that issue in the section during tanning process. He kindly offered to PAY for my shipping and replace the faulty panel. He also said “when I’m ready”, as we are still in the thick of winter here in Norway and I need my coat. Lost Worlds for the win!

Smithy

Two of the very best companies for customer service are ELC and Aero. Every time I've dealt with them has been an absolute pleasure. A lot of other companies could learn a great deal about how to treat your customers from those two crowds.

tjoenn

Visited Eastman twice, once at the old place and once at the new. Rob's customer service, helpfulness and friendliness is second to none! Never met Gary though, wish I had...

Brettafett

Price increase. Original maker A-2 now £899! Plus postage! !! 6 week + wait.
Yet they seem busier than ever... Have been corresponding with both Rob and Gary over the years and although they are the nicest guys and Rob's been very helpful, I have found of late, there seems to be less patience in helping with details over and above a general order for a standard jacket.

Brettafett

Not meant as a dig, they are great guys... I guess they are just snowed under... But does make me wonder about the personal approach that used to be so prevalent going forward.
I hope they continue to find a way to balance 'manic' production with personal service, especially with loyal guys who have bought and continue to buy jackets from them.

Tommy

I've only had good experinces. When I brought a gorgeous pair of Buzz Rickson Chukkas, which turned out to be small sized (I couldn't even get them on), much smaller than size listed- Rob sorted out return postage and apologised he didnt have a bigger pair to send in exchange. Apart from the USN sweater bobbling (actual construction is bulletproof), I've always found their gear the very best quality.

Had a very good experience with Byson, when they were doing some repairs and something wasn't done. They paid postage both ways.

Have brought a couple of things from Aero, but nothing has ever gone wrong there so never had to worry about customer service!

Tommy

I've only had good experinces. When I brought a gorgeous pair of Buzz Rickson Chukkas, which turned out to be small sized (I couldn't even get them on), much smaller than size listed- Rob sorted out return postage and apologised he didnt have a bigger pair to send in exchange. Apart from the USN sweater bobbling (actual construction is bulletproof), I've always found their gear the very best quality.

Had a very good experience with Byson, when they were doing some repairs and something wasn't done. They paid postage both ways.

Have brought a couple of things from Aero, but nothing has ever gone wrong there so never had to worry about customer service!