• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B3

Paul Glover

I do not consider myself an expert by any means but I own two original B3,s and that one just doesnt look right to me!.
I realise that it is a repro but the dimensions look all wrong , why does it have a 4 panel back ?, is this a feature on very early models.
I have seen the two panel back on early redskin jackets.
Also the fleece looks too flimsy and the wrong colour.
Pardon the pun but I think someone is going to get fleeced buying that !.
IMG_20180418_191552882.jpg
IMG_20180418_191519866.jpg

D97x7

I assume that they copied the original featured on the SFAD page regarding the four panel back, but I don't know for certain.

Paul Glover

My guess is that it got damaged/stained and someone had tried to cover it up by using wax and other colourants
Having looked at the photos several times I think you are right John. The photo showing the pocket reveals a pale patch above the pocket.
What a shame !.

Paul Glover

I wonder if the empty tins of brown stuff on the windowsill bottom right in the 4th pic have anything to do with it?
I still like the look of it, looks a more convincing ageing job than most I’ve seen-the leather bits don’t look brand new like they usually do-new leather and aged sheepskin looks daft. Appears to have sold.
Well spotted regarding the tins!, I bet you are spot on.

Paul Glover

I dont think any of the comments in this thread ( mine included) are posted with any malice, but whether or not the seller is aware of the true history of the jacket is questionable?.
And in view of the asking price I personally think that the knowledge of members (myself excluded) is important and worthy of taking on board before any member of the forum less informed might part with hard earned cash without realising what they have bought.
Further more if the vendor is a member here maybe they should enlighten us all and solve the mystery ?.

Pilot

I dont think any of the comments in this thread ( mine included) are posted with any malice, but whether or not the seller is aware of the true history of the jacket is questionable?.
And in view of the asking price I personally think that the knowledge of members (myself excluded) is important and worthy of taking on board before any member of the forum less informed might part with hard earned cash without realising what they have bought.
Further more if the vendor is a member here maybe they should enlighten us all and solve the mystery ?.
100% agree…
Just missing the shoe polish tin caps on the new photos, after some enlightening posts here…
All good otherwise…Buyers… please… :)

Snackson

Yes, that is what it looks like. I used to own an Eastman SFAD and it had the 4 panel back unlike the stock B3.
Looks like it was redyed and may have shrunk some in the process. Not a bad job in my personal opinion, but to each his own.

ausreenactor

Yes, that is what it looks like. I used to own an Eastman SFAD and it had the 4 panel back unlike the stock B3.
Looks like it was redyed and may have shrunk some in the process. Not a bad job in my personal opinion, but to each his own.
There is a likelihood that the finish might lighten and fade over the years. Not to the extent of Nick's SFAD which I think has the perfect amount of consistent wear and 'patina' (it is nicer than saying grubbiness').

It is still an ELC B-3 so there is a great jacket under there. At least there is no horrendous art or AAF decal!