• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B3 sizing

Hi! I’ve read on this forum a lot, but this is my first post here!

Im about to pull the trigger on a Eastman B3 jacket.

My only concern is sizing. Im 6’2 and a skinny guy, 37 chest size. I have been in touch with ELC, and they recommend a size 40. And that i order a regular 40 at first, and then send it back to change it for a long or extra long if its to short. That sounds ok i guess, but I did actually tried on a very old Eastman B3 in size 40 for about a year ago. I remember that the body was ok, but the length was to short. Especially with the jacket zipped up. The sleeves was better, but could also been longer.

Are anyone here 6’2 and own a Eastman B3? Did you go for long or extra long length? (Or even regular).

I have longer legs, so i usually do not have a problem with length in jackets with normal length, altough some jackets can be short in small sizes. But this jacket is cut short.

Any advice? And does all their B3s fit the same? I want the Werber Sportswear ( For Patton!). Anyone here have that style? How is the fit compare to their housemodel?

Thanks

D97x7

Hi and welcome to the forum, I don't have experience with the specific jackets mentioned but I do have 3 ELC B-3s, Roughwear, 50cal and SFAD versions. I'm 6'1 and just get away with the standard lengths so at 6'2 I'd say L or XL is the way to go especially in a 40, mine are 46 for the RW and 44 for the other two. While I can't comment on the Werber there is definitely a body length difference in the two 44s, the SFAD being longer than the 50cal so I think they're advice is spot on, order the standard, post a few pics here for opinions and return for a longer one if it doesn't feel right.

mulceber

Are anyone here 6’2 and own a Eastman B3?

I think the bigger issue is if someone who's your height and has your chest measurement owns an Eastman B-3. Remember, the sleeve lengths scale with the sizes. I'm 6'1", have a 40" chest and wear a size 42. The length on the sleeves is passable, but I imagine someone who's an inch taller and wearing a size smaller would need extra length.

If you haven't already, definitely check the measurements on HPA. They're a way more reliable guide than ELC's size calculator. They don't have the Werber, but the various B-3 contracts Eastman offers aren't THAT far off from each other, so Charles DiSipio's numbers should give you a good idea.

Thank you for your answers and great advices! Regards to the size table on the HPA website (at least for 50cal and roughwear) i need maybe extra long. 24,5 inches is far to short in the body. In Biker jackets 26 inch backlength is just enough. I know B3s has a different fit, but still 24,5 inches will hit on the top of my belt. 4 cm extra length sounds hell of a lot on the sleeves tho. But i guess its better to have a little bit extra length than risking it will be to short. Problem is i cant return it after custom order.

So i can follow their advice on try the 40 regular first and ser how much length i will need, but it is pain to return the jacket with customs and shipping and it will take a very long time to get the jacket back again custom made. But i guess it is worth it in the end

mulceber

I wouldn't be hasty on this one. Other possibilities may open. You may find someone here who has your measurements and can comment. If you tell us whereabouts you're located (state or country), you might find someone close-ish to your location who owns one and would be happy to meet up so you can get a sense of the size.

I would be hesitant to get an extra-long, since that's liable to throw off the proportions of the jacket and affect the look. I think you're better off just ordering a size up, and then layer underneath it. These jackets were worn pretty large back in the day.

Good point!

Do you think Werber Sportswear is a good choice for the first ELC jacket? I like the Patton jacket, and that is the closest to the Bastogne original?

I think the colours of 50cal and even their House model in Seal brown facings is very nice to.

mulceber

Yeah, if you’re in Norway, you’ll get a lot of use out of that B-3. We have a few memebers from the Scandinavian countries, so you might be able to find someone looking to meet up for a beer, let you try on their B-3 and take measurements. Even one that’s the wrong size will be useful in helping determine the measurements you need.

IMHO, all of the original contract B-3s that Eastman makes are good. Folks around here tend to go in more for the Rough Wear and Perry, since russet shearling is so nice looking, but the Werber is a good choice.

tjoenn

I live in Norway, wich means i can use the jacket from basically october-march (and maybe even april). It can be as cold as -25 to -30c , with around -10c as average in my area. So i think i will get much use out it!
Where in Norway do you live? I'm in Stavanger but I'm sure you don't live in this area as I rarely get to wear my B-3. B-6 is perfect for the climate here 80% of the time in winter.

Smithy

I live in Norway, wich means i can use the jacket from basically october-march (and maybe even april). It can be as cold as -25 to -30c , with around -10c as average in my area. So i think i will get much use out it!

Velkommen Jorn! I'll do the rest in English for the benefit of other members.

I don't have a B-3 but I have an Eastman Irvin and I get a lot of use with it here in Northern Norway.

Hyggelig å se mer nordmenn her!

bn1966

Tried on the B-3 50 Cal at ELC, I’m a 46” chest and normally take size 48 in Eastman jackets. On this occasion the 46 was a perfect fit and the 48 made me look like I’d been jumped by a bear.

ausreenactor

Good point!

Do you think Werber Sportswear is a good choice for the first ELC jacket? I like the Patton jacket, and that is the closest to the Bastogne original?

I think the colours of 50cal and even their House model in Seal brown facings is very nice to.
Don't do the Patton jacket until you sort out your size...

G'day and Welcome by the way!

I would say 40L. Go the Perry. You're welcome.

A little update ! This beauty came today!

I was concerned about the length as i said, but the length in the body actually fits me very well! But im very unsure about the sleeve length. It comes just down to my wrist. If i could choose in store i would have picked a longer sleeve length, but i guess its just long enough.

I will send better fit pictures later, i just recieved it.

Any inputs? I guess its down to personal taste, but still.

I know i can send it back and add on the sleeves, but i have not decided yet if i like it this way :p

Im 37 chest, and this is size 40R.

Attachments

• 3D0EAD78-E188-43E6-95BF-2536BDB73BC5.jpeg
    3D0EAD78-E188-43E6-95BF-2536BDB73BC5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 420
  • 467C74DD-CEA4-4447-AFA4-62411C86A7AF.jpeg
    467C74DD-CEA4-4447-AFA4-62411C86A7AF.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 280

Dubpynchon

A little update ! This beauty came today!

I was concerned about the length as i said, but the length in the body actually fits me very well! But im very unsure about the sleeve length. It comes just down to my wrist. If i could choose in store i would have picked a longer sleeve length, but i guess its just long enough.

I will send better fit pictures later, i just recieved it.

Any inputs? I guess its down to personal taste, but still.

I know i can send it back and add on the sleeves, but i have not decided yet if i like it this way :p

Im 37 chest, and this is size 40R.
The sleeves look fine to me. If you get the longer version the body length will increase as well. I’d leave it but everyone’s taste is their own.

Thank you for the reply. Here are some better fit pictures i took outside my house today. Even though the arms looks very big (especially the upper arms), it is tight to move the arms.. even two sizes up! I wear usually 36 (sometimes 38, but 36 is my regular size). This is 40.

Will it get softer in the arms? Size 42 will be way to big right (if you can judge from the pictures)?

Attachments

• 02533C16-F0A9-4AF8-A505-8D47B47258FE.png
    02533C16-F0A9-4AF8-A505-8D47B47258FE.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 256
  • 1B6AD601-C2EF-40B7-90E2-BBF8D4AC4EE6.png
    1B6AD601-C2EF-40B7-90E2-BBF8D4AC4EE6.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 564
  • DCC9EE37-8F04-4FCD-BDF3-3E82DAB86C6B.png
    DCC9EE37-8F04-4FCD-BDF3-3E82DAB86C6B.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 248