• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B3 size 48 sale on VINTED

ZuZu

I guess this si what we're after:

a64ea2e55d7494580b99da7c798d6405.jpg

Narco

Again an optical illusion. Look at the edge od the collar- it's not very wide. I hate to be an ass but I have a finely tuned radar to what's wrong with the way things look. Art school unfortunately.
I took that picture that John posted, you cant judge anything by that photo. I was in Eastman's last week. Looking at the original B3s there I can assure you Eastman's collars are not too big or out the norm compared to originals. I just picked up an awesome mixed batch Perry from there. Gary has been doing this since the 80s and I'd wager he has handled more original B3s than all of us on this forum put together. I'd argue he does actually know what he's doing.

ZuZu

I took that picture that John posted, you cant judge anything by that photo. I was in Eastman's last week. Looking at the original B3s there I can assure you Eastman's collars are not too big or out the norm compared to originals. I just picked up an awesome mixed batch Perry from there. Gary has been doing this since the 80s and I'd wager he has handled more original B3s than all of us on this forum put together. I'd argue he does actually know what he's doing.
I respectfully beg to disagree. There is ample pictorial evidence that Eastman's collars are at the extreme end of collar width and that their collars don't vary much in width so they look like huge collars. My eye doesn't lie to me- I can see these things. Gary's been doing a lot of stuff since the 80's- so has Avirex and Cockpit USA etc. etc. Longevity has nothing to do with accuracy. Again- like Lost World's pocket spacing and Buzz Rickson's sleeve ends being too wide these overly large collars on Eastmn's B-3s are a thing. There may be a fraction of originals which justify these big collars but it was not the norm. IMO

Last edited:

ZuZu

type-b-3-werber-sportswear-co-contract-42-21693p 1 - Copy.jpg

You can see even in Eastman's own pics how their collar doesn't have the shape of the original which tapers a bit smaller towards the back and which is literally narrower along it's front edge.

type-b-3-rough-wear-contract-17756 1 - Copy.jpg

Again- the tapering shape is not there- the Eastman collar is like a shawl instead of a collar.

ZuZu

The most famous B-3 had a relatively small collar:

DEDCED8E-4E16-45C5-86C5-DA122EC47341.jpg

The average collar was "just right" not huge:

20191209_181026.jpg

Some were really smal comparitavely:

b3 small collar - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• DEDCED8E-4E16-45C5-86C5-DA122EC47341.jpg
    DEDCED8E-4E16-45C5-86C5-DA122EC47341.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 62

John Lever

When zipped completely to the top I think the ELC jackets are very close.

Just curious, why the sudden interest in ELC B3's ?