• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B3 size 48 sale on VINTED

John Lever

Screenshot_20230527_224931_Chrome.jpg

This WW2 jacket has quite a large collar

mulceber

I don't think there's any need for us to get frustrated with each other here. Jeff sees a flaw in accuracy, others disagree. As Burt is fond of saying, this is an opinions forum. :cool:

Taking in the different opinions and looking at the photos, it looks to me like some originals had collars that were about as big as Eastman's but most were a bit smaller, or even significantly smaller. Probably a difference of contracts.

Last edited:

Kermit3D

I have to say that I tend to agree with ZuZu, beyond a possible size issue, I find the B-3 ELC collars a bit strange at times. Like big slabs of carpet on either side of the shoulders (I don't want to sound too harsh, but I don't know how else to put it).
However, this is just a feeling, I don't have your knowledge of the B-3, and I may be wrong.
There's no desire to blame ELC for nothing. They're still great jackets.

As has been said, I think there are big variations between each contract, and within the same contract, there are also variations due to the usual wartime inaccuracies.

Narco

Why not? I like discussing jackets! I've always thought that Eastmans had this characteristic- this was a chance to point it out!
The point I think you're missing with B3s and indeed with Irvins is how they are worn. I can make the collar on my B3 or Irivin look small or huge like I'm in a glam rock band. Unzip it push it back on my shoulders they look massive, zip it up tight and they will look small. That's what you are seeing. Even with slight movements when it's on a hangar will radically change how it looks. It also depends on who is wearing it, the body shape and whether it's a snug or tighter fit. I could take photos of my Perry and my Irvin to prove this, but to be honest I think I would be wasting your time and my time as I feel your mind is made up on this and no evidence to the contrary would sway you.

ZuZu

My art school eyes and my developed haptic reactions (not the new "haptic" but rather when the body feels or senses something visual) tell me the collars aren't quite right. Eastman B-3 collars aren't way out of whack, some people like them, but generally they are too large. I'm 100% sure that if we had a pile of originals and compared them to Eastman fare we'd see this immediately.