• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B15?

CoreyM

I've searched but don;t seem to find any reviews of owners of Eastmans Rough Wear B15. Has to be someone here with something to say.

Dr H

Excellent jacket - arguably less iconic than the B-10 replica, but more practical.
Warm, comfortable with plenty of pockets.
Well reproduced by ELC, even down to the 'end zone' twill.

Peter Graham

Dr H said:
Excellent jacket - arguably less iconic than the B-10 replica, but more practical.
Warm, comfortable with plenty of pockets.
Well reproduced by ELC, even down to the 'end zone' twill.
I can't argue with any of that but I've owned an original Endzone twill B-15 and it's a nasty, stiff, proto nylon material that has it's rightful place in jacket history, but in my opinion Eastman would have been better off copying the classic cotton twill B-15. The collar of the B-15 is also embarrassingly large for 21st century tastes.

Dr H

True Peter, the collar was the worst element of the look - the B-10 looks so much neater.

bn1966

I owned one a couple of years back, good quality, big collar as noted...shoulders were too snug for me so I moved it on.

CoreyM

I ran across a picture on Josh's Flight Jackets Facebook of one of his painted B15's and can't seem to get it out of my head. I like the off set zipper.

10570415_645645612200023_710268548509133327_n.jpg

coalman

Dr H said:
True Peter, the collar was the worst element of the look - the B-10 looks so much neater.

To me its not just the collar but the offset zip..it just does not look quite right to my eye, hence why I prefer the B10..

John

CBI

not sure of your needed size but there seem to be a lot of original B-15's that come up on eBay (in the past few years).

mindful

I've got one and think it's a great jacket alpaca really soft it had nice yellow cordro lined pockets on inside as well I got mine of the seconds list about 4 years ago for £300 which was a bargain so no complaints,only thing I don't like is the collar strap sits under the fur which makes the collar stand out on one side and not a great jacket in the rain as the fur will start to bubble so I wear mine sparingly

Peter Graham

CBI said:
not sure of your needed size but there seem to be a lot of original B-15's that come up on eBay (in the past few years).
A large proportion of them are postwar civi copies as discussed in various threads. A buyer needs to know their stuff before buying a B-15 off Ebay.