• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B-3 Redskin has landed...

John Lever

Geir, I have the same jacket and agree that it's easy and comfortable to wear. The belt is a bonus if you feel too warm, as you can open the zip but just keep the belt loosely fastened.

donsom

I suppose the belt/buckle seems like a bit of an annoyance to me, from previous experience with motorcycle jackets that I have owned over the years. I always just ended up being ticked-off at having to do up the belt before riding ... or I'd just leave it open and hanging (which can be dangerous on a bike).

I am sure that if I did acquire an Irvin (which I will certainly eventually do), it might not be an issue. I'm a bigger fan of the ELC 1940 version rather than the 1942, but that's only personal preference ... I am keeping my eyes open for some type of original or used version, but I fear all you "veteran's of the trade" will beat me to them ... :lol:

I'm only on my first B-3, so a definite newbie to say the least... and folks on this forum have been a great help to say the least.

Also, most of the Irvins that I have seen available don't make it up to the 44 - 46 size, and that raises another question... in your experience, how do you find the size fit. Are the Irvins inherently smaller or fit differently than the B-3's? They do look much shorter in the waist to me from photos I have seen.

Geir

ELC produces Irvins up to size 48, Aero makes them all the way up to 52. From my experience Aero Irvins run small and ELCs are roomier. My Aero prewar Irvin is also very short and does not overlap my belt, which is a nuisance in cold weather. The sleeves on the Irvin are quite long, so that by going one size up you might end up with sleeves down to you fingertips.