• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B-3 Redskin has landed...

donsom

Fresh out of the box ...

Looks great but fits as stiff as a board at the moment.

I ordered a 44 (chest size is closer to 43) and it still feels a bit tight around the lats. I'm hoping that will loosen up with wear.

This one's going to have no problem keeping me warm during our Canadian winter ...

Pardon the RAF cap and the disheveled look ... I've been painting a few rooms in the house for the wife as penance for the jacket spend ... ;)

_IGP4576.jpg

_IGP4575.jpg

_IGP4578.jpg

_IGP4581.jpg

donsom

Thanks guys ...

Right now it kinda reminds me of the scene from "A Christmas Story" where the kid is so bundled up that his arms can't move ... see image below from film ... :lol:

x3story.jpg

I do love the colour. I's very much like the A-2 copy that my grandfather gave to me some time ago when I was in my teens (which I outgrew and passed along).

rich

Pardon the RAF cap and the disheveled look ... I've been painting a few rooms in the house for the wife as penance for the jacket spend ... ;)
[/quote]

I reckon that's a price well worth paying - you have a stunning jacket!

Cliff

Now that is really really nice...........hmmm shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? ..............oh decisions decisions decisions :roll:

Indecisive of SE England !!

John Lever

Cliff said:
Now that is really really nice...........hmmm shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? shall I get a new Irvin or a RW B3 ? ..............oh decisions decisions decisions :roll:

Indecisive of SE England !!
My solution ? Buy both and stuff the recession.

donsom

John Lever said:
My solution ? Buy both and stuff the recession.

It seems I can't help myself, .... I'm now seriously considering getting either an A-1 or A-2 so the B-3 doesn't get lonely ... :lol:

GoodWear, Aero, ELC ... I can't decide ... but there's a ton of great info here to help ... although I do like the Aero Anniversary Russet ( http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/weba ... rodid=1446 )

Or ... I could order from GoodWear and have the money by the time the jacket is actually done ... in spring.

Either way, looks like I'll be "painting" again .. real soon. Besides, you need to look good ... if you're going to be having job interviews .... right?

A

Anonymous

Donsom,
Tis a beautiful jacket you have there matey. Wear it in good health.

I hope you will occassionally post more photos as it ages. I'm caught between the Redskin B-3 and the ANJ-4 that John has posted photos of.

Recession be damned.

Dave

Cliff

Recession ?? I think it's our duty to ensure that ELC, Aero, McCoys, Goodwear, LW and their kind survive these difficult times. I will be doing my best and I am sure you chaps will too ! :lol: :lol:

It's the ELC '40 pattern Irvin I am considering, which is the same price as their RW B3.......and that's what makes it tricky to decide. :?

donsom

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I'm caught between the Redskin B-3 and the ANJ-4 that John has posted photos of.

I know what you mean. I am also seriously envious of John's ANJ-4 (absolutely fantastic looking ... and, it has pockets in the front).

I was also ready to get the Irvin, originally, ...but changed my mind because I loved the look of the Rough Wear B-3 red, and like the fact it was veg tanned as well.

Another thing that put me off of the Irvin was the belt in the waist. As I would be using this jacket during the winter (to go to work with), I could see that the buckling up and unbuckling would be a constant hassle for me.

donsom

tcwu said:
do you like your sweaters? paying any tax?

Unfortunately, I was too late to order the sweaters initially after you suggested it. The jacket had already been picked up for shipping ... :(

I am probably going to get the winter gloves very shortly, and will order a sweater(s) at the same time.

Yes, I did have to pay the duty on the jacket since they had already shipped when I called them.

John Lever

If you like sheepskin jackets with pockets these might whet your appetite -
lwjacket.jpg

Luftwaffe Kanal Jacke

IMGP1629.jpg

RMNZ M445

DSCF0036.jpg

LW Anj-4

feb20009.jpg

RMNZ Anj-4

RMNZM445a.jpg

RMNZ M445a

jackets012.jpg

Another older ELC Anj-4

Plenty of scope to be uncertain which to go for ...

donsom

John, luv the ANJ-4's .. are any of these the same as the one you posted previously?

All excellent examples, ...

Signed:
"Envious"

John Lever

The one pictured had a decal and it was quite worn on the fore arms. I bought it from a forum member. Sold a couple of years ago when I was skint

dujardin

hello Donsom,

nice one, hope you have a real cold winter to wear her.
here in Belgium; winter are too sweet for shearling jacket.

and as you sign responding to John, i'm also really ''envious'' of his collection.

byebyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

marcel

Geir

donsom said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:
I'm caught between the Redskin B-3 and the ANJ-4 that John has posted photos of.

I know what you mean. I am also seriously envious of John's ANJ-4 (absolutely fantastic looking ... and, it has pockets in the front).

I was also ready to get the Irvin, originally, ...but changed my mind because I loved the look of the Rough Wear B-3 red, and like the fact it was veg tanned as well.

Another thing that put me off of the Irvin was the belt in the waist. As I would be using this jacket during the winter (to go to work with), I could see that the buckling up and unbuckling would be a constant hassle for me.

My new ELC 1942 arrived about a month ago. This is a very comfortable jacket. The sheepskin is very flexible and the jacket does not need any breaking in. Another bonus is the vintage finish, it is not shiny like my Aero Irvin. I use my Irvins through the winters here, walking the dog, driving, commuting to work by train and the belt is no problem at all.