• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman B-17 W.A.S.P. Jacket For Ladies

Mickey.was.a.rat

Does anyone have any information on this jacket ? it's difficult to find pictures and info on this women jacket (that'd be for my wife)
The stitching shown on their website looks not so good... :eek:
Capture d’écran 2022-01-09 à 20.03.13.png

mulceber

I bought one for my wife, @Nnatalie for our anniversary. She loves it and wears it most days, at least right now, seeing as its winter. She can probably speak better to its qualities though. For whatever my opinon's worth, I think it's a really cool jacket. It's basically a B-15, a jacket type that I love, and its history (however short) as a jacket for female pilots who were helping the war effort is just awesome. I haven't looked at the stitching on hers in any detail, but we have zero regrets about buying this one.
11560989-CBD0-45D3-9D4C-9EF94CDDC1BD_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Nnatalie

Hi! I can’t speak to the finer details, but I’m enjoying my B-17 so far! Very warm and cozy, and I love the history behind it. My only complaint is that Eastman is incorrect in claiming that the use of “nurse” on the B-17 label referred to all servicewomen. It referred just to nurses, while the jacket intended for WASPs was the incredibly similar B-16. (I haven’t handled any originals, so I can’t say what minor differences there were, if indeed there were any.).

As for the picture of me above, I’ll specify fit-wise that I’m quite short, and it fits me but would also fit an average height, just with the cuffs more visible. Also, it looks browner in my pic than it does in reality—it’s actually a greener color in person, like Eastman’s pictures.

Mickey.was.a.rat

Hi! I can’t speak to the finer details, but I’m enjoying my B-17 so far! Very warm and cozy, and I love the history behind it. My only complaint is that Eastman is incorrect in claiming that the use of “nurse” on the B-17 label referred to all servicewomen. It referred just to nurses, while the jacket intended for WASPs was the incredibly similar B-16. (I haven’t handled any originals, so I can’t say what minor differences there were, if indeed there were any.).

As for the picture of me above, I’ll specify fit-wise that I’m quite short, and it fits me but would also fit an average height, just with the cuffs more visible. Also, it looks browner in my pic than it does in reality—it’s actually a greener color in person, like Eastman’s pictures.
Thanks a lot for these informations and the picture, you look great and the fit is perfect ! Does the us army patch comes mandatory or did you add it when ordering ?

mulceber

Thanks a lot for these informations and the picture, you look great and the fit is perfect ! Does the us army patch comes mandatory or did you add it when ordering ?

Hard to say - they put it on the jacket by default, but my understanding is that Eastman doesn't keep these jackets in regular stock, so if you order one, they're almost certainly making it from scratch when you order. You might be able to request that they not put the USAAF logo on the shoulder.