• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN AT 910.00 WORTH IT ?

John Lever

I have found used prices slipping for a while, few people seem to have any money. New prices are near to the max. I would spend on a jacket.

ButteMT61

Jeff M said:
A used ELC selling for more than the price of a new one.
Similarities between the original sellers and buyers eBay names.
Now the jacket is back up for sale...

ButteMT61 said:
.... I(s) there more going on here??

That's the question.
Or, at least deserving of the question.

I see. Thanks. Could be just delusional (seller(s)).

Jeff M

Looks like it sold.
If the original auction was legit, looks like somebody took a h*ll of a bath on this jacket.

Gentlemen,

I just wanted to set the record straight. These are two different jackets. The first from Grant Gill was number 29 and was a size 42 and this one is from Chaz DiSippio from HPA and is number 33 and is a size 40. I was the second highest bidder on 29 and I won 33 this morning. The pics look similar on the white background, but close comparison of a number of details shows that they are not one and the same. I would have opted for the size 42 but I'll check out this size 40 and if it isn't the one for me then it will go back up again for recycle. I've now had a size 38 and 44 from this early batch and a size 40 in a later time worn, so if this one doesn't work out then my curiosity will be fully sated. :)

Best.

George

You're very welcome! And thanks for the congratulations. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to bid. Aside from the Size 42 outlier, which I helped to create, the size 44, size 38 and size 40 that I had and sold on ranged from $450 to about $525, so I figured I might have overpaid a bit, but it was worth the risk to try the contract one last time. I've just received my latest GW and am super happy with it, so it was a bit "take it or leave it". I just decided in the last 40 seconds to put the $650 bid in and was half hoping to be outbid, but since not, I guess it was meant to be. Maybe this will be the one (finally!) in this Eastman. I love the reissue A-1 that I wore to Duxford though. That one is superb!

:D