• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A2 !

missonnier

hello everybody ;)
I look at some advice concerning the "USAAF eastman" A2, not the original maker, but the lower price we can find for 900 ;)
It it quiet accurate with some original model ? What do you think of the warhorse hide ? Is It same hide like some original maker ??
Regards,
Philippe, from New Caledonia !

Edward

I think you will be very happy with the Eastman house A-2. it is a nice A-2 with all the general design elements for a nice generic A-2 that still has the appeal of the original flight jackets. the horsehide is the same as what is used for the original makers. it can be stiff and takes some time to break in and relax but it is strong and has a nice weight to it. I have the original maker Star Sportswear warhorse and it is fantastic! you won't be disappointed in my opinion

Skip

56A35DFE-A213-42E4-958A-B45A3D2BDD23.jpeg
ELC warhorse is great, it’s light and develops character quickly, I have a Werberr and they got my fit great too

missonnier

I think you will be very happy with the Eastman house A-2. it is a nice A-2 with all the general design elements for a nice generic A-2 that still has the appeal of the original flight jackets. the horsehide is the same as what is used for the original makers. it can be stiff and takes some time to break in and relax but it is strong and has a nice weight to it. I have the original maker Star Sportswear warhorse and it is fantastic! you won't be disappointed in my opinion
HI Edward, Thank you for your answer, should a good choice for me ! Any picture of your' sur ?

stanier

Actually, I wonder why the Original maker jackets do carry such a price premium over the house jacket?

I can’t imagine there’s much if any fee to use any of the original maker names, and the materials are the same, the patterns must be cut, so why?

Smithy

Actually, I wonder why the Original maker jackets do carry such a price premium over the house jacket?

I can’t imagine there’s much if any fee to use any of the original maker names, and the materials are the same, the patterns must be cut, so why?

Marketing. Pure and simple.

Create a "prestige" level in your product line which has negligible if any increased production costs but position it as superior through marketing by leveraging existing preconceptions of increased desire (in this case copies of original contracts rather than more generic copies) or creating perceived greater worth through the product marketing.

It works specifically well in niche markets where customers often purchase on rather esoteric concepts of product worth.

taikonaut

I've been away from here for over 10yrs, in fact I've stopped collecting entirely over that period but recently bought a ELC house jacket. I've worn originals on the rare occassions so I'm comparing ELC to WW2 originals. In appearance from a slight distance ELC look quite authentic untill you get up close. The originals has more heft and utilitarian feel that you get from a regular jacket. Leather grains are often irregular on the originals. For me ELC feels like I'm dressed for reenactment. The originals I could wear for comfort, going out and in the pub.