• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A1 cal...the real deal

John Lever

Just bought this two year old A1 from an ebay seller in the USA. The amazing wear and patina was too good to miss. It was only after a few messages that I learned that the seller was blind....this explains the extreme wear on the arms particularly the elbows.
20190220_131333.jpg
20190220_120703.jpg
20190220_120432.jpg
20190220_131355.jpg
20190220_120339.jpg
20190220_120235.jpg
20190220_120204.jpg
20190220_120230.jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Right you are John !
Wear the piss out of them and then roll them up and throw them in a corner:eek:

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Looking at this A-1 above and just can't believe in how cool capeskin may look sometimes. It seems this jacket shows possibly even more grain than some horse/steer hides.
That's just impossible, amazing. Very cool A-1.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
We defeat ourselves by having too many jackets, wearing them improves them as we all know.
John, I'm sure you know well that not every jacket (esp. of ones made of capeskin) might look so gorgeous after even years of wearing it.
To be honest, I know only one more suitable example which looks so cool too - I mean @Persimmon 's gorgeous A-1.
Of course, regular good wearing may cause to such nice grainy look, but not with every jacket - that's what I mean.
It isn't quite common situation, esp. with capeskin.
This one looks amazingly cool. Phenomenal.
Nice purchase, congrats!

zoomer

The rare jacket that would appeal as much to a blind person as a sighted one! The veg. tanned capeskin already has a magnificent hand - the .50 cal. treatment* would give it such delicious variation in grain - and then, the wear he put on it! A feast for the fingers.

* not weathered, but specially treated and manikin dried

Last edited:

John Lever

The rare jacket that would appeal as much to a blind person as a sighted one! The veg. tanned capeskin already has a magnificent hand - the .50 cal. treatment* would give it such delicious variation in grain - and then, the wear he put on it! A feast for the fingers.

* not weathered, but specially treated and manikin dried
Without doubt the best jacket I have ever owned, and only 300 gbp apart fron the charge due to ebay effing Global shipping.