• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman 50.Cal in the flesh....

Chandler

Marv, compared with my Star yours seems to look more "milk chocolate," more like some ELC 27752s I've seen.

Mine leans more to a black shade, which I like a lot as a second choice to my russet 1401 or G&B.

I like the horsehide on yours too, you should get some shots of it with wear for an update.

Chandler

269sqnhudson

Marv said:
Here are a few pics of my Star in horsehide which was purchased back in Feb 07.
Compared to Chandler's steerhide version it is not as grainy but has creased around the areas of wear eg. sleeves, pocket flaps, collar etc. but overall the horsehide is quite smooth.
As for the colour, it's hard to tell from photos but I would say looking at Chandler's pics mine seems to be a little lighter.
However the current ELC Star which I inspected at Duxford last weekend seemed to be even lighter in colour, I would say somewhere in the middle of seal and russet brown.

Anyway here are a few pics of my Star straight out of the box, sorry I don't have any up to date photos to hand......see what you think.

Sorry to be a pain chief but what's the fit like? I had an ELC 1401 in 46 that was way too tight so I sold it. I've now lost 2 stone and am tottering between a RW in a 46 again (which should fit now) or a Star. I hear it's bigger than the roughwears, is this right do you think? Would a 44 be better?

Thanks again

duke

For my body shape the Star seems a better fit than the 1401. Both 46's but the Star just drapes a bit better especially in the midsection in the front. I think the differences are minor but noticeable enough that I kept the Star and sold the 1401.

I also would love to see some updated photos of Marv's Star.

I think the pattern for the Star is the same as the Monarch if I am not mistaken. duke

Tim P

I know what you mean about the 1401. no roughwear from any manufacturer is a comfortable wearer for me. It is the only ' maker' jacket I struggle with.

C.J.

Marv said:
Anyway here are a few pics of my Star straight out of the box, sorry I don't have any up to date photos to hand......see what you think.

S5000009.jpg

I think that is a magnificent shade of brown. I was always under the impression that Stars were much, much darker.