• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman 1401P vs 27752

mulceber

Knits on BK are quite good. Better than what Eastman normally has. My guess is, if you have a 44 inch chest, you’d need a 46. Andy at BK could tell you better though.

Last edited:

mulceber

This is probably too big for you, but there’s one up on eBay right now:

Chandler

Man, those pockets look tiny! ;)

bgbgbg

Yes, I think it is big. Anyway, thank you!!!!

Kermit3D

23rd Ftr Grp on Rough Wear Contract 1401P
In France, so no customs taxes, a size 46 :

23927f87d6a517cec9e51b2c9b7c18b138d610b9.jpg

bgbgbg

Finally I decided to buy the 1401P. Can you give me one last advice of sizing? When you measure your chest you make a deep breath or not? I read on GW site that they suggest to measure the chest with a deep breath! Becuase I measured better my chest. In fact it is 105-106 cm without breath, so I was wondering if maybe my correct size is 44 or 46. Thnks!

Brettafett

Nice comparison photos Brett.
Of the three jackets which one do you still have or prefer over the other two ?
Sorry to reply late Burt, been away.
John RW is better imo. I am VERY tempted to get another 1401 from him.
ELC has come aways since the early 2000s, but John nails the details better.
That said, my favourite RW has to be my current BK 23380.

Micawber

Finally I decided to buy the 1401P. Can you give me one last advice of sizing? When you measure your chest you make a deep breath or not? I read on GW site that they suggest to measure the chest with a deep breath! Becuase I measured better my chest. In fact it is 105-106 cm without breath, so I was wondering if maybe my correct size is 44 or 46. Thnks!

If you are worried measure the pit to pit both in a normal breathing pose then again during a deep breath. Supply both dimensions. This measurement is easier if you have someone else to actually do the measuring.