• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman 1401P sizing

bgbgbg

Hello!
Finally I decided to buy a 1401P from Eastman. I made better measures of myself and I don’t know if buy a 44 or 46.
I am:
1,81cm
81kg
Chest circumference: 108-109cm

(Ps: I wrote a mail to Eastman, they told me 44 is chest 58,5cm and 46 is 60cm, but is another site I read 46 is 62cm…)
Can you please help me?
Thank you very much in advance!

Brettafett

Id say to go one up from your chest... So a 44 in this case

I would think a 44 would fit you, but as fit is so subjective, allow me to offer the following...
Im 1,81 and 72kg, 40" chest, trim/ athletic and I would wear a 42 with room to spare.
I have owned many size 40s also and they fit fine, but feel a touch trim and I need an extra inch to lengths.

Where are you based? Would a return be possible? If so, you could try the 44 and return if too small.

bgbgbg

Hello!
Finally I decided to buy a 1401P from Eastman. I made better measures of myself and I don’t know if buy a 44 or 46.
I am:
1,81cm
81kg
Chest circumference: 108-109cm

(Ps: I wrote a mail to Eastman, they told me 44 is chest 58,5cm and 46 is 60cm, but is another site I read 46 is 62cm…)
Can you please help me?
Thank you very much in advance!
Id say to go one up from your chest... So a 44 in this case

I would think a 44 would fit you, but as fit is so subjective, allow me to offer the following...
Im 1,81 and 72kg, 40" chest, trim/ athletic and I would wear a 42 with room to spare.
I have owned many size 40s also and they fit fine, but feel a touch trim and I need an extra inch to lengths.

Where are you based? Would a return be possible? If so, you could try the 44 and return if too small.
Thanks for your reply!!! I live in Italy so I think I can make return to change size but it is not simple since UK is out of EU now.
If I were I 42chest I would have bought a 44, but since I am a 43chest I don’t know if 44 is small… I also have quite large shoulders since I was a swimmer. I have an old (2000s beginning) Eastman house A2 size 44 and it is roomy for me, but I know that old house a2 from Eastman are very baggy and a 44 is like a 46 or maybe 48!

Brettafett

This is one of those tricky things...

Im a surfer and a swimmer, although not as fit as I used to be. I can wear an ELC RW size 40, but cant layer comfortably.
A 42 fits very well, but does feel a touch on the roomy side, which is why I sold my last one. Almost like I need a 41 ;)
My current ELC Monarch is a 42 and is a stunning jacket, but again, it feels a bit too roomy.

I think its possible that a 46 may feel a bit roomy for you even with a 43 chest, especially at 1'81.
If it were me, Id go with a 44, understanding you may need to return it.

You could also ask ELC if it were possible to 'open it up a bit', ie order a 44, but request that it fits more like a 45...
Because you feel you may be inbetween a 44 and a 46 in the chest and shoulders. Email Rob at Eastman and explain the above.
They have ways and means of doing things...

The above are my personal thoughts and friendly suggestions based on my experiences.
Its always tricky to get fit right, without trying on.

Last edited:

bgbgbg

This is one of those tricky things...

Im a surfer and a swimmer, although not as fit as I used to be. I can wear an ELC RW size 40, but cant layer comfortably.
A 42 fits very well, but does feel a touch on the roomy side, which is why I sold my last one. Almost like I need a 42 ;)
My current ELC Monarch is a 42 and is a stunning jacket, but again, it feels a bit too roomy.

I think its possible that a 46 may feel a bit roomy for you even with a 43 chest, especially at 1'81.
If it were me, Id go with a 44, understanding you may need to return it.

You could also ask ELC if it were possible to 'open it up a bit', ie order a 44, but request that it fits more like a 45...
Because you feel you may be inbetween a 44 and a 46 in the chest and shoulders. Email Rob at Eastman and explain the above.
They have ways and means of doing things...

The above are my personal thoughts and friendly suggestions based on my experiences.
Its always tricky to get fit right, without trying on.
Thank you very much for your help! You have been very kind and helpful!!!