• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Bloc trench coat inspires ugly response

zoomer

This came from an eBay seller in Poland.
When I tried it on, everyone's reaction but mine was strongly negative.
"Never wear this." "It's horrible." "You look like a Fascist."

What is your reaction to this coat?

Last edited:

CBI

sorry to hear that! I have had the same experience with some jackets though over the years.

zoomer

With photoshop I've made it into a barnstormer. Note the shoulders, which are square and slightly padded. I've lowered and narrowed them.

IMG_4410a.jpg

Last edited:

zoomer

It has a full set of buttons for a liner, altho it has none. It would be a very warm coat in winter with the right liner and maybe a fur collar of some kind. (I rarely wear long coats at all since I left the NE anyway.)

B-Man2

Very, very few people can get away with any kind of leather trenchcoat without looking a prize prat.
Mikey
I agree but isn’t it funny how things change.
I had a full length black trench that I wore throughout the late 70s and always got great reply’s from people who saw it.
Oh hell .... I just dated myself!;)

dinomartino1

Fascist for wearing a leather jacket is a new one for me, sounds like something a continental european would say.
i suppose the same person would not be bothered at all if you wore a peaked cap with a red star with the jacket to look like a CHEKA or NKVD man from the 20's and 30s'
If you like it wear it.