• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early elc b-3

Silver Surfer

i came across this listing. item# 273672583013. it may be the earliest elc b-3 i have seen for sale to date. the bill of sale in the pix says it was sold in 2003. the listing goes on the indicate it is a 40 long. however, by the measurements that i asked for, i would say that it is a 40 regular. the jacket is listed for a $800 bin, but suspect that an offer of $600-$700 may buy it. whats so special about it? it is made with super dense shearling [fenland?], and it is finished as wwll originals were [not the newer crinkly finish] . except for the cuff ends, it appears to have hardly been worn, and well taken care of.

Silver Surfer

huh? sure looks it to me, john. if it aint, i reckon that the seller sourced a bill of sales for it, as the bill of sale in the listing is dated '03....or maybe the seller has a bunch of sales receipts from years ago , and is in the vintage repro business. i had an elc b-3 from about this time, and it had a leather hanger, and the same white tag attached to the nomenclature tag. not to mention the shearling color, surface, and hh fittings.

John Lever

huh? sure looks it to me, john. if it aint, i reckon that the seller sourced a bill of sales for it, as the bill of sale in the listing is dated '03....or maybe the seller has a bunch of sales receipts from years ago , and is in the vintage repro business. i had an elc b-3 from about this time, and it had a leather hanger, and the same white tag attached to the nomenclature tag. not to mention the shearling color, surface, and hh fittings.
2003 isn't early, pre 1995 is early in my books.

John Lever

20151017_152307.jpg
20151017_153129.jpg
20151017_152618.jpg

From 1980's before Gary could get Talons, Talon puller on Aero track. Not Aero Leather but another company.

Attachments

• 20151017_151353.jpg
    20151017_151353.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 128

Silver Surfer

funny that you mention aero. i just got a hold of a mc-aviator jacket that has later 1940s aero zippers. trying to date the jacket using the aero zippers was a bitch because every time i hit "aero zipper", aero scotland came up.