• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Earlier G-1 /M-422A Information

tda003

I found this while searching for information about G-1 type flight jackets. It's from the Militaria Forum in 2013. Next to the last post.

tda003

I found it a very interesting read, especially for those of us who own old/early G-1/M-422aA jackets and/or are interested in acquiring one or more.
This is, for me anyway, nostalgic. When my father was commissioned into the Marine Corps, the Corps was still quite small, the pre-war uniform regulations were still in effect and officers usually had to have their uniforms custom made. This included both summer (khaki) and winter (green) riding britches. I still remember those and the cordovan leather puttees that he wore with them over high top cordovan jodhpur boots. That was the field (battle) dress at the time. Fortunately, it was dropped even before Guadalcanal, but I believe it was still regulation officer's attire for Wake Island though I don't think that it was followed there.