• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duffle Coat

mulceber

A new member with an incredibly generic profile photo resurrects a 2019 thread 2 minutes after creating the account, just to give us pairing advice for duffel coats? I smell a bot...

Kermit3D

83035551_max.jpg

tda003

Just my $.02. Back during the cooling of the earth, I was a cadet midshipman at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. The winter uniform coat worn on campus was a navy duffle coat w/ no hood which came to just above the knees. It was called a convoy coat. Twine w/ gold brass USMMA buttons and shoulder boards. The cold wind off the Long Island sound went right up the coat and froze my privy parts. It was fine in moderate to cold weather w/o a strong, cold wind. Wore it for years changing the button and removing the shoulder board loops.

Fast forward. At a memorial service for a friend (the CIA officar killed by a trusted Afgani translator suicide bomber), I wore a Gloverall in a tall size for extra length. Camel color w/ horn buttons and hood.. Worked great and I still have it.

Had one in green I gave my son who lives in the London area (Richmond, Surrey) which he wears during cold days there.

What's this agonizing by the new member over color about? The Brigade of Guards wore a British Warm (and my still) with navy and other dark mufti. Civilians seem to prefer navy.

With all that's going on in the world if the the new member feels compelled to agonize over this, I respectfully suggest that he get a life.