• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dude of the Day 2

Edward

On this day in history July 5th, 1976, Forrest Gump started running across the USA. Three years, two months, 14 days and 16 hours later, in the middle of Utah, he suddenly stopped.
He was kinda tired…. Never Forget. ❤️
9F34FD01-D686-4C65-A0A6-F5907926AEFE.jpeg

Last edited:

Grant

Twenty year old Staff Sergeant William W. Fleming of the 303rd BG cleans and inspects a belt of ammunition. A censor obscured the 427th BS insignia on Fleming's jacket. Passed as censored 9 Apr 1943. Printed caption on reverse: 'Going straight from School into the Air Force S/Sgt. (Gunner) Wm. W. Fleming, of Jenkins, Kentucky, has already taken part in 10 raids on Jerry and won the Air Medal and Oak Leaf Cluster. Only 20 years of age, he is married and has one child. "I'd like to see everyone back home," he says, "but I've some unfinished business to attend to just now." Another badass.

303.jpg

ausreenactor

Twenty year old Staff Sergeant William W. Fleming of the 303rd BG cleans and inspects a belt of ammunition. A censor obscured the 427th BS insignia on Fleming's jacket. Passed as censored 9 Apr 1943. Printed caption on reverse: 'Going straight from School into the Air Force S/Sgt. (Gunner) Wm. W. Fleming, of Jenkins, Kentucky, has already taken part in 10 raids on Jerry and won the Air Medal and Oak Leaf Cluster. Only 20 years of age, he is married and has one child. "I'd like to see everyone back home," he says, "but I've some unfinished business to attend to just now." Another badass.

View attachment 68556
Was the Air Medal 20 missions then a cluster for every consecutive 20 back then.

'Cleggs' snaffled a US Air Medal and three clusters. Three of his next appurtenance at 97 missions...

Threat was exponentially higher against 'Jerry' no doubt...